Significant tornado threat Sunday for La, Ar, Ms, Tn, Al, Ga continuing Monday into Mid Atlantic (Update: New Storms Sunday 4/19) (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I usually only post these threads when the threat is very high for strong, long tracked tornadoes. areas in North and Central La, Easter and southern Arkansas, most of Ms, southern and Eastern Tn, most of Alabama and Georgia look to be under the gun on Sunday. This will shift East overnight into areas of SC, NC, Va into Monday. Parameter space is up there with big historical outbreaks. It's too early to say whether it'll be some super outbreak of tornado but odds are really high that there will be at least one nasty, long lived tornado. Just wanted to give you all some heads up since you might be traveling nowhere on Easter.

I usually only post these threads when the threat is very high for strong, long tracked tornadoes. areas in North and Central La, Easter and southern Arkansas, most of Ms, southern and Eastern Tn, most of Alabama and Georgia look to be under the gun on Sunday. This will shift East overnight into areas of SC, NC, Va into Monday. Parameter space is up there with big historical outbreaks. It's too early to say whether it'll be some super outbreak of tornado but odds are really high that there will be at least one nasty, long lived tornado. Just wanted to give you all some heads up since you might be traveling nowhere on Easter.

So SE la looks to be ok? ( St. Tammany parish to be exact)

we had decent line come thru last night with crazy lightning and thunder for about 20 straight minutes. Lost power at 11 and didnt come back til 4am.

What is your gut feeling for the MS track, Simpson County here.

BTW the one you tracked and was right behind a month or so ago until the pine trees across the hwy stopped you, had crossed about 75 yards from the corner of my property. Funny thing is Dave Hartman was in denial that it was a tornado but the other meterioligist kept confirming and said the "spotter has confirmed, spotter has confirmed" and about that time I lost electricity and I said crap its here. Oddly a tornado took that same exact path 12 years ago and was similarly small in nature and hopping up and down.

now we're starting to get into scenarios where a storm disrupts a community and dozens would normally be 'encouraged' to shelter/recover in the school gym or the like
how is social distancing and 'red cross' shelter going to work together?

What is your gut feeling for the MS track, Simpson County here.

BTW the one you tracked and was right behind a month or so ago until the pine trees across the hwy stopped you, had crossed about 75 yards from the corner of my property. Funny thing is Dave Hartman was in denial that it was a tornado but the other meterioligist kept confirming and said the "spotter has confirmed, spotter has confirmed" and about that time I lost electricity and I said crap its here. Oddly a tornado took that same exact path 12 years ago and was similarly small in nature and hopping up and down.
Ha! That's wild. I was tracking that storm all the way from Brookhaven. I could have got much better video but got held up by semis running the red light on 49. Simpson county, I'll never rule it out. Magee area is a magnet. David is a good met, he doesnt mess up too often but just going off radar is difficult.

As for St. Tammany, like usual, looks to be just south of the main threat area but too soon to say.

So this is legit and not just overhyped by Jackson NWS? I was wondering what your take was because it seems like the last time they gave us “Enhanced “ nothing happened.
now, we are at “Moderate”. I noticed this morning that they shifted the timing a bit. Yesterday the timing was 11:00 am -9:00 pm. Now 3:00pm to 11:00 pm.

So this is legit and not just overhyped by Jackson NWS? I was wondering what your take was because it seems like the last time they gave us “Enhanced “ nothing happened.
now, we are at “Moderate”. I noticed this morning that they shifted the timing a bit. Yesterday the timing was 11:00 am -9:00 pm. Now 3:00pm to 11:00 pm.
It's legit in the fact that there will be some extreme parameter spacing in our climatological peak for tornadoes. At the minimum, there will probably be a nasty tornado somewhere, at the worst it'll be a big outbreak. Whether or not it is bad in your town, impossible to say. Storms will be moving 60-70 mph in an extreme environment which means there is a risk of something really bad happening.

It's legit in the fact that there will be some extreme parameter spacing in our climatological peak for tornadoes. At the minimum, there will probably be a nasty tornado somewhere, at the worst it'll be a big outbreak. Whether or not it is bad in your town, impossible to say. Storms will be moving 60-70 mph in an extreme environment which means there is a risk of something really bad happening.
Thanks!

I was at a COE campground on the lake a year ago when those storms came to Jackson, MS and North of Jackson. It was a nervous long night. One tornado hit about 5 miles East of us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom