Silk screeners (1 Viewer)

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
Reaction score
Silk screeners and embroidering

I did a search, but couldn't find anything. If this is in the wrong, forum, don't hesitate to move it.

My gf and I are starting a new biz and I would like to have a few shirts done to start the advertising side. It's also just to get us in the right frame of mind by wearing the shirts.

I'd rather go through an SR person who owns their own silk screening and I believe I saw someone quite a while back. I'll give y'all first dibs before I go locally. It won't be a hackuva lot of biz at first (just about 5 or so polo types), but it should increase in the future.

Last edited:
If you're doing polos you might want to get it embroidered instead of screened. It just comes off as a more professional look. However, if you're going tshirt, then you'll most likely find somewhere here that can help you out (and a lot of the silk screeners do embroidery too). I remember taking part in a conversation on here just like this about 2 years ago I'd say..not sure if the searches go back that far or not.

If you are searching, try "screen printing". That's what the main business in Slidell calls what they do.

i agree with the embroidery suggestion if you are doing materials on a smaller scale. Many shops recognize this, and handle both kinds of work.

962404_lg.jpg

Thanks alot, Alowishus Devadander Abercrombie.

To all those that posted RELEVANT information, thanks. You're absolutely right about the polo silk screening. That would look rather cheesy. Embroidery would look much more professional and I'd rather it be done right the first time. Anyone do embroidery? I don't care if it's on the side or it's you're bread and butter biz.

There might be a catch to all of this though. I'd like to have a pic on the back that probably won't look good at all embroidered. I think that's why I went silk screening first. Well, maybe a really nice tshirt could pull it off. Preferably an organic cotton or a vegan shirt would be relatively the only option as far as material goes. Gotta keep with the theme.

i have pretty nice event shirts from the Crescent City Classic, as well as Fairfield Industries company crawfish boils. Possibly you could call whoever is in charge of getting those made, and ask who is their vendor?

just crossed my mind.

As far as embroidery, i only have a few of those polos (NPR, Wolf Trap) and they were all produced up here in DC area.

I'll keep bumping this for a day or two, but if I don't get any bites, I'll just let it go and find someone local.

Nope. NYC, but I am more than willing to hook up a fellow SR, before I take the biz somewhere else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom