Silly Atlanta fans are at it again... (1 Viewer)

So Michael Turners 33 yards rushing last night at about 2 yards per is something we should be worried about?

One good game by them against a 49ers team that quit is hardly impressive.

Roddy White has more in common with Miles Austin this year than any #1 out there.

Atlanta currently has the 18th ranked Offense in the NFL (the Saints #1). And they've scored over 40 points once this season (Niners). So they can match the Saints score for score? Only in Falcon fans minds.

Atlanta has the 23rd ranked Defense (Saints 9th). Now I will give them a small bit of credit for being rated 4th in points allowed. But "bend but don't break" isn't going to work against the Saints. The Falcons secondary wasn't that great to begin with and lost Brian Williams for the year. Bad secondary against Drew Brees? Ask the Giants how that worked out.......

Hah.. thanks for linking that thread. It's filled with gems..

"The Saints as a whole might not be overrated, but Bush, Shockey and Colston sure are."

Is Shockey even a highly-rated tight end any more? And Colston is overrated? You never hear his name among the top WRs in the league, despite the fact that, when healthy, he flat out produces.

Colston is one of the most under-rated WRs in the league. His numbers for his first three years are among the elite to ever play the game, and he was injured most of 2008. His receiving yards and catches rate among the best for the first three years, including the vaulted TO, only with a much more pleasant personality and less of an ego.

Shockley's number last year were among the poorest of his career, yet this year he is leading the Saints in receptions and has three TDs on a team that distributes the ball relatively evenly.

Bush, IMO, is an enigma. He is a hybrid, not a true RB. He should not be used to run up the middle as he is not built for that type of pounding. He is a speedy player who can be used in a myriad of situations. He is a great pint returner, yet frustrates with his fumbles and running backwards or east/west. He gives up gained yardage by trying to avoid tackles. When he is successful, he is spectular. When he is caught he losses yardage for the team. He does not take care of the ball as well as he should, so he fumbles too often. He is a great decoy, taking away defenders from the true play. He is a dangerous man inthe open field.

As for Atlanta fans, I have not been impressed with thier knowledge nor their attitude. I took my daughter to an Atlanta game during Haslett's first year. After we beat them and were leaving, a drunk woman pushed in front of my daughter at a subway entrance. My daughter said "Excuse me", where the woman turned and prepared to punch my daughter in the face. She stopped when she saw she was being watched by a police officer and was surrounded by many Saints fans, including myself, her husband and her sister. If she would have swung, she would have been leveled by several people. My daughter (either one) could easily have taken her.

They are just mad it's not ATL everyone is talking about. I mean who comes to a forum and talks smack about a game 2 weeks away? Scared birds thats who!!

Their defense seems flexible and got enough pressure on Cutler to put his game off.

Brees>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*catches breath*>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cutler

Their running game is, unfortunately, starting to look like last season again. Ryan is getting very comfortable back there with Gonzalez to throw to.

Turner has 100 attempts for 350 yards. This most recent game was his worst. He's had exactly ONE good game this season. Tony is doing fine, but Roddy White has been nonexistent except for one game. Hell, if you take away the San Fran game, their offensive production PLUMMETS.

They manhandled what was a very confident defense (the 49'ers), much as we did to the Giants. They've lost only one game and that to a very good team.

Giants defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 49ers defense

Nothing has to be said to insult Falcon fans. The biggest insult you can do is click the quote button and leave it at that.

They should be happier.

IMHO the Falcons have a solid shot at one of the 2 wildcard spots in the NFC, now that they own the HTH tiebreak vs the Bears.

I'd give them 40-60, maybe even 50-50.

However, losses to Dallas, the Giants or Philadelphia could really hurt them.

Falcon fans truly are "special".
retard.jpg

It's great that so many of our fans feel such confidence in the Saints. Yet, discounting the Falcons would be unwise.

Their defense seems flexible and got enough pressure on Cutler to put his game off.

Their running game is, unfortunately, starting to look like last season again. Ryan is getting very comfortable back there with Gonzalez to throw to.

They manhandled what was a very confident defense (the 49'ers), much as we did to the Giants. They've lost only one game and that to a very good team.

Dis their fans, I couldn't care less, but give the team its due. I guarantee the Saints will expect a tough two games with them.
Michael Turner only rushed for 30 yards against the bears, he's not even in the top 15 RB's right now. What are you talkin about??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom