Silver lining, Olave. (1 Viewer)

I don't see it as that big of deal, the meat of what we gave up was a future 2nd and and two 3rds in order to use our 1st round pick a year early. It's not near the compensation given for Julio.

The meat? The appetizers, salad, and dessert still count.

I also thought another bright spot in the game was Roby. Imo one of his best games with us
Agreed.
W have no picks and passing on Hurts a couple of years ago looks like a bad decision. I don't even know if I trust this front office to draft a QB at this point.
They’re not very good at that it seems.
I still think the trade for a second 1st round pick in 2022 was rooted in Loomis knowing he could recoup the pick if (when) Coach Payton returns and nets us a pretty hefty compensation.
Agreed. We can hope.

It is a horrible way to evaluate though. You are right that it cant be helped, but it is still dumb.

I don't know that it is a horrible way to evaluate: you got one player when you could've gotten 5-6. Would any in that group be better than the one guy? Maybe not, but maybe too. Would the group have a bigger impact on the team than just the one guy?

I think those are valid questions.

In any case, what's done is done, and we will enjoy years and years of moot conversations on the topic :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom