Silver lining (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
It’s tough the next day, but here we are. So, what is the silver lining we can attempt to fixate on?

Here is my shot at it.

First: The odds have vastly increased of seeing Brees lacing them up again next year. Can’t see him walking away with unfinished goals.

Second: We get to observe if the next Qb is on the team.
Pure opinion, I don’t believe TB will be on the team next year with Brees coming back. So, why not just hand the ball to TH and see if he shows any Steve Young ability in real football games? The issue with this option is TH’s contract...if he is the next right handed Steve young...money will be required....but that’s a ML problem.

What actually takes place, will probably be TB starting with more TH behind center with pass plays, through out the game. With this formula and future injuries unknown, they could go 4-2 or 2-4.

Third: Worst case scenario, they get bad breaks, bad calls........!!!!!!, and bad Qb play go 0-6 Brees has a set back and Saints go into next year with Brees coming back and a very high draft pick to tantalize SP with one of those new shiny Qb’s everyone is talking about.

Stinks we are talking silver lining, but here we are. Hope I didn’t step on any toes as a guest on this forum.

P.s.

Fourth: Brees comes back this year, they run the table, he is fresh and dominates in the playoffs, even on the road. And he lifts that trophy in his hand that is currently wrapped and causing anguish and dashing hopes to us who dats, giving us all a season to cherish that surpasses 2009.
Hope is eternal, even through adversity, but first requires a silver lining.

Even if Taysom does well and beats out Teddy he’s not going to command a lot of money. He’s almost 30 with little QB time in the NFL. As we saw in the preseason he’s a 1 maybe 2 read QB then take off. I think he offers a lot more big play potential than Teddy but I don’t think he will command the same money as Teddy.

Even if Taysom does well and beats out Teddy he’s not going to command a lot of money. He’s almost 30 with little QB time in the NFL. As we saw in the preseason he’s a 1 maybe 2 read QB then take off. I think he offers a lot more big play potential than Teddy but I don’t think he will command the same money as Teddy.
Another silver lining

Honestly this has killed it for me. Its bad enough we gotta watch the defense struggle, now the offense to. I wish Teddy the best but i dont think he had what it takes to keep the team afloat till Brees is good to go.

Honestly this has killed it for me. Its bad enough we gotta watch the defense struggle, now the offense to. I wish Teddy the best but i dont think he had what it takes to keep the team afloat till Brees is good to go.
Yes it’s painful, and something you never get used to, even as Saints fans, we just suffer through it. I think TH gives the team the best option and his style could help the D stay fresher for all 4 quarters. They played well until they ran out of steam.

Silver lining: All those people who bought refs costumes for the first home game hoping to exorcise that demon will be able to wear them for every game now because sticking it to the refs will ALWAYS be relevant

we'll see how things go i'm hoping this get all the coaches and players focused and the team comes out with some fire. I'm putting it on the defense for now. i don't expect much from the offense but the defense will have to hold it down and play way better than the past two games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom