Simoneau is horrible (1 Viewer)

Well then, Simoneau wasn't so terrible after all.

Seriously, I don't understand your desire to defend this guy. He is not good, at all.

What's the point of beating these guys up so much, we have no other options at this time and are lucky to have some guys who, despite what you say, are in position more times then the LB's we've had in the past. We're lucky to have these guys at this point. We could be starting Fincher and some other loser.

When Feb comes around, then we can start worring about who we're going to replace them with but right now, I would rather have them then any other options. Right now, the defense is playing solid although, they didn't play well today.

We hold the Ravens to a 3.5 yard rush average, give up 75% completion percentage....total time until Simoneau takes a beating for no reason whatsoever? 30 minutes

That's halrious! I think some of the people on here just live to complain. I can understand the Arron Brooks stuff, but give me a break, #53 had some great plays today and some of these people need to get real. Yeah, JL ran for 100 yards today, but that was NOT what cost us 35 points.

I mean, how do you even see a play develop if you are just watching 1 player all day? Maybe they just have a LOT better seats than I do.

BTW, nice ownage of the bandwagoneers. Give me a break. 1 game and people are picking on the guy. Who cares if we have a replacement for him? They should be subbing people in for freshness anyway, but I am not going to toss a guy after 5 weeks where the TEAM is getting it done. If he cost us the game I could see this ribbing, but he is not our problem.

I love my Saints, all of them. If we start sucking it up, then I could see these complaints, but after 2 weeks, I just don't see how you come on here to COMPLAIN. This site is for enthusiasts isn't it? You want to complain about something that is perfectly good other than a couple of small problems? Go fill out a Consumer Reports survey.

Last edited:
I think some of the people on here just live to complain. BTW, nice ownage of the bandwagoneers. Give me a break. 1 game and people are picking on the guy. Who cares if we have a replacement for him? I just don't see how you come on here to COMPLAIN. This site is for enthusiasts isn't it? You want to complain about something that is perfectly good other than a couple of small problems? Go fill out a Consumer Reports survey.

Yes, some come here just to complain, but this site is not just a cheerleader board.

But honing in on just Simoneau is just scapegoating an all-around team loss. The corners played terrible today and were eaten alive in the immediate passing game. I actually thought that the LBs played okay today--it looked in the fourth quarter that the D-line was getting pushed around a bit, but they were on the field an awful long time.

Bottom line is that it is silly to scapegoat the loss on one guy when clearly the blame should be evenly distributed.

Hammerhead Clark= liability in coverage. See the Eagles game when he was "covering" TE LJ Smith around the goal line. *whiff*

Maybe he can do better than Simoneau, but I'm not sold.

I understand the player bashing but the whole defensive unit stunk.

little factoid here:
2 passes were completed to MM side neither for first down yardage

8 passes completed to FT side

6 to backs and TE's

1 on Craft
Fred Thomas has been picked on the entire year and Stoutmire is terrible in coverage against TE. losing Harper is really going to hurt this team down the road. why not try some of these younger CB's we have on the practice squad, they can't be any worse than FT.

little factoid here:
2 passes were completed to MM side neither for first down yardage

8 passes completed to FT side

6 to backs and TE's

1 on Craft
Fred Thomas has been picked on the entire year and Stoutmire is terrible in coverage against TE. losing Harper is really going to hurt this team down the road. why not try some of these younger CB's we have on the practice squad, they can't be any worse than FT.

Yes, they can. Thomas can at least tackle the ball carrier after he makes the catch. We don't know if the other guys can do that consistently.

I don't have the arguments to say if Simoneau is that good or that bad. To me, the stat of one tackle only says nothing. I tend to evaluate linebackers as a unit and don't care of who takes the stats.

But do the math, we lost by 13 points, and the ravens' defense scored twice.

We did not loose for bad defensive play, we lost by turnovers and crucial penalties.

Clark has become the back-up quaterback of this forum, the guy everybody wants.

I trust Gibbs on knowing who to play and why. He has proven he is a very smart coordinator, and at the moment he has not shown doubts on benching (and trading) players when he considers they are not producing.

Yes, they can. Thomas can at least tackle the ball carrier after he makes the catch. We don't know if the other guys can do that consistently.

Thats really twisting the situation to try and make a point. The fact is MM has pretty much shut his side down all year while giving up a few "high" profile plays that everyone points to.

Saying "well well he can't tackle" isn't really an arguement. Does he or does he not shut his side down? Thats the point.

Thats really twisting the situation to try and make a point. The fact is MM has pretty much shut his side down all year while giving up a few "high" profile plays that everyone points to.

Saying "well well he can't tackle" isn't really an arguement. Does he or does he not shut his side down? Thats the point.

Thomas is too small and too slow to be a starter. He is a nickle corner at best. I agree with you, Mckenzie is not the problem at all. He may be a little over paid, but if we didn't have him, our secondary would be even more porous.

Aside from that one awful penalty near the goal line on third down, i think Mike McKenzie played a pretty good game. Fred was getting picked on ALL day. The one play that sticks out the most in my mind is we held them to 3 and 12(?) on the drive after the horn touchdown. Playaction (which no one should have bitten on to begin with) 15 yard strike down the middle to Thomas' man. Took the wind outa my sails...

I think it's time to give Clark a shot...I understand not making a switch while we were winning but I hope after the coaches review the film they'll make the switch....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom