Simoneau is horrible (1 Viewer)

I was under the impression that Danny Clark was some kind of stud linebacker. I don't understand why he is not given a chance to prove himself. Maybe the thinking was why fix it if it wasn't broke. Just my two cents.

Well today it broke. We need Clark in the game.

Not on the field. We only had 1 LB on the field then I believe, Fujita.

Well then, Simoneau wasn't so terrible after all.

Seriously, I don't understand your desire to defend this guy. He is not good, at all.

He's neither. Look Simoneau isn't great, but he isn't a liability. Focusing on him is basically missing the point. Check out our 2 corners who played off and got beat by some very average safeties all friggen game.

We had them in a number of 3rd and longs and lost every single third down that really counted. That's your problem. Worrying about why Simoneau didn't stuff Lewis for a 1 yard loss instead of only allowing a 1 yard game is way off base.

yeah what is the problem? when we need a big stop on 3rd we are never bumping the WR's of the line. we should have defintely tried to press them more.

but Simoneau is defintely not doing an good job. he must know the defense better than Clark because he is a much better player. another thing about Simoneau is he is a liability in pass coverage. i think thats why he blitzes so much, but he always seems to run to blockers instead of avoiding them.

Well then, Simoneau wasn't so terrible after all.

Seriously, I don't understand your desire to defend this guy. He is not good, at all.

I don't even have any special love for Simoneau. I'm hoping we draft Patrick Willis and replace him. But I also don't have this bizzarre obsession with Clark that some people seem to have. Everyone want's Simoneau's head to roll and he just hasn't been the big problem. I mean we hold the Ravens to a 3.5 yard rush average and give up 75% completion percentage, and your post is on Simoneau not our two CBs who got beaten like drums every 3rd and long all game long? I mean what the heck man

There's a reason why Philly fans called him Mark Simonobody

No, its because he's not very good. Stallworth has actually played quite well for them when he's not injured.

I'm getting sick of these Mark Simoneau threads. This guy gets singled out every single game no matter what he does. The coaching staff has him starting because he is the best player at that position that we have. If he didn't meet their expectations he wouldn't even be playing. Just give it a rest.

Oh and if you didn't notice, the whole team reeked today. Where is the let's bench the whole team thread?

I don't even have any special love for Simoneau. I'm hoping we draft Patrick Willis and replace him. But I also don't have this bizzarre obsession with Clark that some people seem to have. Everyone want's Simoneau's head to roll and he just hasn't been the big problem. I mean we hold the Ravens to a 3.5 yard rush average and give up 75% completion percentage, and your post is on Simoneau not our two CBs who got beaten like drums every 3rd and long all game long? I mean what the heck man

I don't think anyone is saying he is the only problem on this defense. I think our scheme wasn't very good. Fred Thomas is not talented enough to play man coverage, but we continued to single him up on WRs way down the field. He was always a step behind.

Give credit where credit is due. The Ravens picked up all of our blitzes and mixed up their play calling well all game. However, our defense still has too many holes and MLB is one of them. Clark may or may not be the answer. I just wish we would mix it up a bit more. We don't really have options at CB and on the defensive line, but Clark is a guy who has started and been very productive. I wish I saw him on the field a little more.

I like Clark also. Not fast, but neither was Vaughn Johnson. Seems we emphasize speed as the current craze. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that from tackle to tackle speed is not the issue.

Here's why Simoneau gets picked o every week: we have a replacement. We don't have a replacement for Fred Thomas or Mike McKenzie and we just got one for Omar Stoutmire. We've had a replacement for Simoneau since Week 1 and when people don't like what he's doing, they want him replaced. He's not the only problem, but he's the only one that can be fixed NOW.

An excellent reply, LSSpam!!.....here's the problem with Danny Clark....he's a run stuffer LB, yet when fans criticize Simoneau when he's on pass defense.....so Clark by default is not on the field!.....and fans don't seem to understand that right now MS is ALL WE'VE GOT when defending the pass!

The biggest problem we had was our PASS DEFENSE, BY OUR SECONDARY!! It was awful! McNair had a QB rating well over 100, which is an indictment against our secondary, particularly our CBs!

Dude I made a post saying that we need a change at MLB about 3 weeks ago... and I got creamed with the "If it ain't broke on't fix it" chant... but I guess it's getting more and more evident that we need another starting MLB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom