Simoneau (1 Viewer)

saints51

Reaction score
I really like the haert Simoneau plays with but he lacks the size. I was at the game today and he was man handled at key times. I think it is time to give Danny Clark a shot. Tell me what yall think?

joe87

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'd like to see them use both Simoneau and Clark, depending on the situation.

Anyone else ever wonder what our D would be like if Simmons stuck around and Polley wouldn't be on IR? Shanle and Simoneau were last minute fixes for losing those two.

Brees2Colston

Banned
Reaction score
I saw him play of alot with the Eagles and the same reason you gave were the reasons he got benched... He is very undersized and gets dominated and cannot shed lineman very good...The only person that can replace him isn't on this team...He is a FA or draftpick

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
He played fine. There was not one decent run up the middle today. Danny Clark is a gimmick. Everything thinks because he hits hard he'll be better. Sim's size and speed make him valuable.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
absolutly. We have been giving up huge running plays as of late.
Do you think the MLB is responsible for the entire field? He has clogged the middle all year long. The only place anyone runs on us is out the outsides.

OP

saints51

Reaction score
He played fine. There was not one decent run up the middle today. Danny Clark is a gimmick. Everything thinks because he hits hard he'll be better. Sim's size and speed make him valuable.
I am not saying completely benching him, just put Clark on obvious running downs and Simoneau on passing downs.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
6 weeks and counting... I brought this up after the 1st Tampa game... I applaud his heart and effort, but good GOD.. today may have been his best stat day... and he only had 3 tackles and 2 assists...

LordBane

Bigger than you!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How is he small? He is 6-0 245 compared to Clarks 6=2 245

However Clark is a Good 1-2 down MLB he isnt a gimmick.....

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Thank you, Thats why I say let Clark play on running downs and Simoneau on passing.
Do any teams rotate MLB's like that? I'd be willing to bet there is a reason Clark isn't starting.

I still stand by the fact that letting Danny play wouldn't really matter. Sim already has the middle locked down and hes decent in pass coverage. Danny is terrible defending the pass.

So wheres the gain if they can both shut the middle down run wise?

veteran

Reaction score
I think Mark works hard,but I saw numerous times today the RB cut right past him being manhandled by off. lineman. There is no excuse for your MLB getting 2 to 3 tackles a game. I don't care how fast or smart he is at this time. He cannot be either or he would get more tackles. My 2 cent.

OP

saints51

Reaction score
Do any teams rotate MLB's like that? I'd be willing to bet there is a reason Clark isn't starting.

I still stand by the fact that letting Danny play wouldn't really matter. Sim already has the middle locked down and hes decent in pass coverage. Danny is terrible defending the pass.

So wheres the gain if they can both shut the middle down run wise?
The gain is stopping the run after a yard gained instead of 3 to 5 yards. Thats the frickin gain

Rugger

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes CLEARLY Sim is the reason we lost today. That pick in the endzone was terrible.

Agendas Agendas Agendas.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
The gain is stopping the run after a yard gained instead of 3 to 5 yards. Thats the frickin gain
We stuffed the run up the middle for no gain a bunch today. Do you really think Danny Clark is gonna come in and all the sudden no RB will be able to stetch 3 yards up the middle?

Reaction score
Don't forget Simoneau's part in setting the defense. We could definately get more production @ the mike, but he's definately got a lot to do with setting shades on the LB corps. It's very possible we would trade production from one postion for two by starting Clark, IMO the outside is a problem already in run defense.
It's also possible Clark would be effective in setting up the LB corps, but we really haven't seen this from him this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom