Simoneau (1 Viewer)

Don't forget Simoneau's part in setting the defense. We could definately get more production @ the mike, but he's definately got a lot to do with setting shades on the LB corps. It's very possible we would trade production from one postion for two by starting Clark, IMO the outside is a problem already in run defense.
It's also possible Clark would be effective in setting up the LB corps, but we really haven't seen this from him this year.

Yes CLEARLY Sim is the reason we lost today. That pick in the endzone was terrible.

Agendas Agendas Agendas.

Nobody ever said he was the reason we lost today it was just an observation made so far throughout the season thats all. Get your facts straight before assuming. If you would like I can define assume for you.

Nobody ever said he was the reason we lost today it was just an observation made so far throughout the season thats all. Get your facts straight before assuming. If you would like I can define assume for you.

Every week some posts about benching Sim for Clark or giving Clark more time. Run outside=bench Sim, Long pass=bench Sim, EVEN when there is nothing really to complain about someone brings up his size.

You want to talk about facts? Show me a link that says Clark would come in and do better. I'll wait a little while, but my food is getting cold.

Every week some posts about benching Sim for Clark or giving Clark more time. Run outside=bench Sim, Long pass=bench Sim, EVEN when there is nothing really to complain about someone brings up his size.

You want to talk about facts? Show me a link that says Clark would come in and do better. I'll wait a little while, but my food is getting cold.

heres your stats. Also they have both been in the league for 7 years.

Full Name: Daniel Clark
Born: May 9, 1977
Blue Island, IL
Height: 6-2
Weight: 245 lbs. Age: 29
piece of work: LB
Experience: 7 years
College: Illinois FANTASY
Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
NFL: 4.4% (-0.1%)
Avg. Draft Position:
NFL: Undrafted

TACK 13.0 | FF 0 | INT 0
Profile Stats Splits Game Log News Scouting

Defense Stats
YEAR TEAM G TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD
2000 JAC 16 22 21 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
2001 JAC 13 30 27 3 0 0 2 0 0 0 0
2002 JAC 16 92 74 18 2 2 0 0 1 7 0
2003 JAC 16 41 31 10 0 0 1 0 0 0 0
2004 OAK 16 130 99 31 5 2 1 0 0 0 0
2005 OAK 16 113 82 31 7 1 0 0 0 0 0
2006 NOR 9 13 10 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Career 102 400 307 93 14 5.0 3 0 1 7 0

Full Name: Mark Simoneau
Born: January 16, 1977
Phillipsburg, KS
Height: 6-0
Weight: 245 lbs.
Pronounced: SIM-un-oh Age: 29
piece of work: LB
Experience: 7 years
College: Kansas State FANTASY
Percent Owned: (Week +/-):
NFL: 0.4% (-0.1%)
Avg. Draft Position:
NFL: Undrafted

TACK 36.0 | FF 0 | INT 0
Profile Stats Splits Game Log News Scouting

Defense Stats
YEAR TEAM G TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD
2000 ATL 14 52 44 8 3 1 0 0 0 0 0
2001 ATL 16 40 34 6 1 0 2 0 0 0 0
2002 ATL 15 17 14 3 1 0 1 0 0 0 0
2003 PHI 16 102 92 10 5 2 3 0 0 0 0
2004 PHI 14 49 38 11 1 2 1 7 0 0 0
2005 PHI 16 37 28 9 3 0 1 0 0 0 0
2006 NOR 9 36 19 17 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Career 100 298 241 57 14 4.0 6 0 0 0 0

We give up 190 yards recieving to Chad Johnson, give up barely 4.0 YPC rushing, Simoneau produces the single sole big play on defense in coverage (the INT).....

but clearly we need Danny Clark.

Some of you people are just unbelievable.

Good stats, but you are missing my ppoint.

Is Sim the problem on defense? I would say no. The yards lost have been mainly to the outside.

Would replacing Sim for Clark improve our Defense? Maybe, but IMO we have more problems in the secondary.

Would the Saints keep a player on the bench that could make a big enough impact that the results of the game change? I would hope not.

I am not saying Clark would not be better on our defense because I honestly do not know. At this point no one know, but I do not think Sim is what is wrong on our defense.

By the way have you played LBer before?

Good stats, but you are missing my ppoint.

Is Sim the problem on defense? I would say no. The yards lost have been mainly to the outside.

Would replacing Sim for Clark improve our Defense? Maybe, but IMO we have more problems in the secondary.

Would the Saints keep a player on the bench that could make a big enough impact that the results of the game change? I would hope not.

I am not saying Clark would not be better on our defense because I honestly do not know. At this point no one know, but I do not think Sim is what is wrong on our defense.

By the way have you played LBer before?

I mean McKenzie and Shanle take bad angles on Willie Parker......and it's Simoneau's fault.

Chad Johnson grabs 190 yards.....and it's Simoneau's fault.

Baby Jesus cries.....and it's Simoneau's fault.

Lets replace him with someone who is even slower. That'll solve the edge rush defense!

I mean McKenzie and Shanle take bad angles on Willie Parker......and it's Simoneau's fault.

Chad Johnson grabs 190 yards.....and it's Simoneau's fault.

Baby Jesus cries.....and it's Simoneau's fault.

Lets replace him with someone who is even slower. That'll solve the edge rush defense!

That's what I am feeling too. I can not understand it, but I have some ideas as to why every week people want to bench Sim.

I do not see how Clark would have made any substantial improvement in any of our loses or from the tone of many here, our wins either.

Maybe we are not on the same page, but all I am saying is we need a little more aggressive MLB. I am a fan of Simoneau but we need a ballhawk, a MLB who can make things happen. I am not saying Simoneau is the only problem on D but if this is a year where we look for who fits then just give the man a shot. This is all I am saying. Our Secondary on the other hand I don't know who we can really give a chance. Yes I played OLB in a 3-4 defense.

Maybe we are not on the same page, but all I am saying is we need a little more aggressive MLB. I am a fan of Simoneau but we need a ballhawk, a MLB who can make things happen. I am not saying Simoneau is the only problem on D but if this is a year where we look for who fits then just give the man a shot. This is all I am saying. Our Secondary on the other hand I don't know who we can really give a chance. Yes I played OLB in a 3-4 defense.

Danny Clark is not a guy who can make things happen. He is not a sideline to sideline player. He is not known for any sort of coverage ability. He is an inside run stuffer. In terms of playmakers, the guy with more INT's then either of our CBs actually ranks ahead of Danny Clark

Look, i'm all for upgrading the MLB position. News Flash though. Danny Clark ain't it.

Danny Clark is not a guy who can make things happen. He is not a sideline to sideline player. He is not known for any sort of coverage ability. He is an inside run stuffer. In terms of playmakers, the guy with more INT's then either of our CBs actually ranks ahead of Danny Clark

Look, i'm all for upgrading the MLB position. News Flash though. Danny Clark ain't it.

Maybe he is not, I just want to see something good happen for Our Saints- thats all. When it is all said and done Simoneau maybe the best for the job. I just want a guy who has proven himself in this league given a chance with us. We all know about players not giving a chance here and leaving then going ALL- PRO

That's funny. I played SAM in a 4-3.

I remember one game where the other teams oline was huge. Our D was small and slow. Anyway they kept running the same play over and over and we could not stop it. It was a trap play, but on this play the play side guard washed down our DT and their OT cleared out our end.

Their biggest lineman was the other guard. He was pushing over 300. I was 5'10 175. Play after play he would pull and I would run up to met him in the hole because it was my job to 1) try to plug the hole 2) Take on the blocker so the next guy could hit the runningback.

Needless to say I did not have a lot of tackles that game, but I did my job and was hurting because of it. Some times a LBer's job is not to make every play, but to execute his role so SOMEONE can make the tackle. That is why in some cases stats are overrated.

That's funny. I played SAM in a 4-3.

I remember one game where the other teams oline was huge. Our D was small and slow. Anyway they kept running the same play over and over and we could not stop it. It was a trap play, but on this play the play side guard washed down our DT and their OT cleared out our end.

Their biggest lineman was the other guard. He was pushing over 300. I was 5'10 175. Play after play he would pull and I would run up to met him in the hole because it was my job to 1) try to plug the hole 2) Take on the blocker so the next guy could hit the runningback.

Needless to say I did not have a lot of tackles that game, but I did my job and was hurting because of it. Some times a LBer's job is not to make every play, but to execute his role so SOMEONE can make the tackle. That is why in some cases stats are overrated.

I hear ya. Stats are over rated. I just want the guy to have a shot with a Defense trying to find its identity. Also that game you played in did you shut down the run and did your team win.

No we didn't. We were slow. I would do my best to fill the hole and he kept bouncing it outside. We got smoked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom