Simple questions. (Mostly) (1 Viewer)

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
OK, the ask a question thread got me thinking. (Allways a mistake)

Here are some questions I don't know the answers to. If anybody knows the answers please post them. If you have questions post them too.

1) Why does your nose run when it's cold?
2) Why do we have a two party system?
3) What's the purpose of the uvula?
4) Why doesn't "vertical-align:text-middle" ever work?
5) Do email spammers make money?
6) Why would any anyone want to be a cop?
7) Why do the Japanese make better cars than us?
8) What's wrong with John McCains face?
9) If the only constant in the universe is the speed of light, and speed
is a measure of how much time it takes to move through a given amount space,
and time and space are both relative, how can the speed of anything be constant?
10) Why can't the Saints get any line backers?

HERE'S THREE

The uvula plays an important role in the articulation of the sound of the human voice to form the sounds of speech.[1] It functions in tandem with the back of the throat, the palate, and air coming up from the lungs to create a number of guttural and other sounds. Consonants pronounced with the uvula are not found in English; however, languages such as Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Ubykh, and Hmong use uvular consonants to varying degrees. Certain African languages use the uvula to produce click consonants as well. In English (as well as many other languages), it closes to prevent air escaping through the nose when making some sounds

3) i think it blocks your sinuses when you swallow

6) to taze people

wish i could help more

and time and space are both relative, how can the speed of anything be constant?

LSD is a heck of a drug.... lol

7) Discipline and an undying quest for excellence, and no union interference on the production floor.

The speed is constant. It's only the measurement of that speed that is relative.

2) Before the two-party system originated, we nearly became a two-nation disjoint. It's far outlasted its usefulness, but reverting to grassroots politics (which I support strongly) will take just as much time as we've put in to the two-party system. At this rate, somewhere around the 2152 primary, we should see grassroots politics again...

8) McCain had a wide resection of malignant melanoma, and probably a node dissection with residual and permanent lymphadenopathy. Of course, NONE of this is a factor on whether to elect the septugenarian to the highest office in the world. Paul Tsongas similarly lied when asked about his post-lymphoma treatment course. He'd have died in office were he elected.

If it's MM in situ, he's cured. I suspect he had invasive MM based on the lymphadenopathy from the regional node sampling..

OK, the ask a question thread got me thinking. (Allways a mistake)

Here are some questions I don't know the answers to. If anybody knows the answers please post them. If you have questions post them too.

1) Why does your nose run when it's cold?
2) Why do we have a two party system?
3) What's the purpose of the uvula?
4) Why doesn't "vertical-align:text-middle" ever work?
5) Do email spammers make money?
6) Why would any anyone want to be a cop?
7) Why do the Japanese make better cars than us?
8) What's wrong with John McCains face?
10) Why can't the Saints get any line backers?

Answers\

1. Due to humidity...
2. You have to have competition in all walks of life...thus the two party system...
3. Already explained and very well done...
4. Good question
5. Only if the product they're dealing get's purchased...[commision]
6. It's a job...like any other...you just have to deal with more B.S.
7. They have the "5S" system in place...this is a manufacturing term...can't remember the guys name but after WWII...he used this system to help restore Japan [economically]...
8. He was in a Vietnam prison camp...duh
9. Speed=Light/Space[-]all stop signs...signal lights..and slow moving cars (foot lbs> gas pedal) will give you constant speed....:hihi:
10. No answer for that found....:smilielol:

The speed is constant. It's only the measurement of that speed that is relative.
Now that I think about it that actually makes since. Some one else explained that light actually alters the space that it travels through. I get the feeling that both of these answers are significantly dumbed down.

A TMQ article actually explained that pretty well, but I've been reading him since 2003 so I'd be hard-pressed to remember which one it was.

5. Spammers don't actually rely on sales of products. They get paid for merely getting people to click or open the ads, selling your addy to other spammers, etc, and trapping people on pages they don't want to go to. Spammers also create pop-ups for businesses

Two part question....

Why is the place in front of your house...where you park your car...called a "drive-way"
And...
The street you drive down called a "Parkway"....:covri:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom