Simply fantastic (1 Viewer)

Ok... aside from your opinion assuring that "he was dreadful", do you have some facts to back up your assertion? None of this... did you watch the team last year or anyone can see that kinda stuff. Just give some key examples of why Harper was dreadful, while taking into consideration that the defense as a whole was very unsuccessful. :scratch:

What kind of facts do you need other than week in and week out being torched for huge plays...I mean do you want me to give you our pass defense stats...do you want me to go to the Washington game the very first game of the season where we give up huge plays defensively and set the tone for our 0-4 start? I mean I could get the schedule out and point to tons of huge plays we gave up.....or you could look at the ratings where individual dbs are graded on per game basis and for the entire year...Harper and Jenkins were DEAD LAST...what kind of facts do you need man? Watch the games!

Ok... aside from your opinion assuring that "he was dreadful", do you have some facts to back up your assertion? None of this... did you watch the team last year or anyone can see that kinda stuff. Just give some key examples of why Harper was dreadful, while taking into consideration that the defense as a whole was very unsuccessful. :scratch:
Have I been watching the games? Lol..If you can say with a straight face that Roman Harper has not been one of the main problems with our defense the last 2 yrs then you need to start watching a little closer....

Our safeties really aren't that bad. No pass rush, bad scheme, poor cb play. What do you expect. Too many times did our defense find themselves looking at the back of the ball carrier and Jenkins or Harper being the last line of defense. There was plenty of times where they got beat but there should never have been that many opportunities. You need to understand that safeties RELY on the execution of the players in front of them. Imagine the mental disposition they would have been in. Our front seven's tackling was ****. Our CB play was bad. There was really no play where Jenkins or Harper could just simply run their assignment.

Like honestly, I've never witnessed any player/s who have had to try to make as many tackles on a full steam, un-touched ball carrier like I have with Jenkins and Harper.

At this point we're in need of a DB. The adjustment to the 3-4 will allow QBs less time on a more consistent basis. 2009 was Harper and Jenkins best years. a particulary good season for Jenkins to be exact. Coincidentally or not, we had a pass rush and good CB play that year.

Bad pass rush = bad corner coverage = really bad safety play.

Have I been watching the games? Lol..If you can say with a straight face that Roman Harper has not been one of the main problems with our defense the last 2 yrs then you need to start watching a little closer....

Just as I figured: opinionated rhetoric... again... can you back it up with something other than your opinion and taken in the context that our entire defense was so unsuccessful? I watched very close and watched a bunch of guys struggle. I watched opposing QB's stand tall in the pocket with little to no fear of a pass rush.

I'm not trying to be critical of you, just asking if you can show me something to back up his dreadfulness as you see it. Don't get upset. Can you show something other than your opinion and taken into to context?:no:

Our safeties really aren't that bad. No pass rush, bad scheme, poor cb play. What do you expect. Too many times did our defense find themselves looking at the back of the ball carrier and Jenkins or Harper being the last line of defense. There was plenty of times where they got beat but there should never have been that many opportunities. You need to understand that safeties RELY on the execution of the players in front of them. Imagine the mental disposition they would have been in. Our front seven's tackling was ****. Our CB play was bad. There was really no play where Jenkins or Harper could just simply run their assignment.

Like honestly, I've never witnessed any player/s who have had to try to make as many tackles on a full steam, un-touched ball carrier like I have with Jenkins and Harper.

At this point we're in need of a DB. The adjustment to the 3-4 will allow QBs less time on a more consistet basis. 2009 was Harper and Jenkins best years. a particulary good season for Jenkins to be exact. Coincidentally or not, we had a pass rush and good CB play that year.

Bad pass rush = bad corner coverage = really bad safety play.
I agree with this for most part...we obviously had bad play all around...and with our pass rush it is going to negatively affect coverage...but Harper can do two things well...run support and pressure qb when he is unaccounted for/unblocked...you can blame lack of pass rush and lack of cb play but teams are finding the mismatches in our secondary on regular basis and exposing Harper a alot...I would rather have a more balanced safety who can play run AND have a chance to cover a tight end or actually make a play on the ball every now and then...

Just as I figured: opinionated rhetoric... again... can you back it up with something other than your opinion and taken in the context that our entire defense was so unsuccessful? I watched very close and watched a bunch of guys struggle. I watched opposing QB's stand tall in the pocket with little to no fear of a pass rush.

I'm not trying to be critical of you, just asking if you can show me something to back up his dreadfulness as you see it. Don't get upset. Can you show something other than your opinion and taken into to context?:no:[/QUOTE. Did you not read my text from earlier? I gave facts.....

[/QUOTE. Did you not read my text from earlier? I gave facts.....[/QUOTE]

No not really.

Here are some facts: Roman had more passes defended and more tackles than any Probowl safety last season.

Maybe you should take your own advice and watch more closely instead of getting all flustered over something of your own making: your opinion that he's dreadful.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/9629/roman-harper

What kind of facts do you need .or you could look at the ratings where individual dbs are graded on per game basis and for the entire year...Harper and Jenkins were DEAD LAST...what kind of facts do you need man? Watch the games!

Actual facts would be nice. This is just not true.

Of 346 DB's ranked Jenkins was ranked 14th and Harper was 29th.

Just because you think it's true and use CAPS doesn't make it true no matter how many times you try to tell it that way.

[/QUOTE. Did you not read my text from earlier? I gave facts.....

No not really.

Here are some facts: Roman had more passes defended and more tackles than any Probowl safety last season.

Maybe you should take your own advice and watch more closely instead of getting all flustered over something of your own making: your opinion that he's dreadful.

Roman Harper Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - New Orleans Saints - ESPN[/QUOTE]

So he had a bunch of tackles which is reflection of how terrible we were as a whole defensively...which you stated...and I agree with that...but there is no stats for being out of position and completely overmatched when asked to cover a TE or the oppositions 3/4 best wr...he was one of the main reasons we gave up chunks of yards last yr and why we couldnt get off the field on 3rd down...because time and time again the opposing qb found Harper in mismatches.....if you want a one dimensional safety who can plsy the run well and sack qb when he is unblocked...Harper is your man...but with the game evolving with the athletic tight ends and increased 4-5 wide sets...Ill take a more balanced safety who is not a liability in coverage...your stats on number of tackles to me is hollow

No not really.

Roman Harper Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - New Orleans Saints - ESPN

[/QUOTE]So he had a bunch of tackles which is reflection of how terrible we were as a whole defensively...which you stated...and I agree with that...but there is no stats for being out of position and completely overmatched when asked to cover a TE or the oppositions 3/4 best wr...he was one of the main reasons we gave up chunks of yards last yr and why we couldnt get off the field on 3rd down...because time and time again the opposing qb found Harper in mismatches.....if you want a one dimensional safety who can plsy the run well and sack qb when he is unblocked...Harper is your man...but with the game evolving with the athletic tight ends and increased 4-5 wide sets...Ill take a more balanced safety who is not a liability in coverage...your stats on number of tackles to me is hollow[/QUOTE]

Well there again, that's your opinion. Show us all this stuff you keep stating. Link it or bring it somehow other than just stating it.

Here are some more "hollow" facts for you:
NFL Player Rankings - CBSSports.com

Can I take a guess? You watch FOX News?

Actual facts would be nice. This is just not true.

Of 346 DB's ranked Jenkins was ranked 14th and Harper was 29th.

Just because you think it's true and use CAPS doesn't make it true no matter how many times you try to tell it that way.

I dont have the link but it was metric stats that took into accounu more than just tackles and batted passes...but anway Im not big on stats..more on production and our defense sucked last yr and you can defend them all you want but the safeties were big part of it...you want stats for that then check out where we were in total defense

I dont have the link but it was metric stats that took into accounu more than just tackles and batted passes...but anway Im not big on stats..more on production and our defense sucked last yr and you can defend them all you want but the safeties were big part of it...you want stats for that then check out where we were in total defense

I already said that. You said he was dreadful not me. Then you tried to state that they (our safeties) were dead last but they aren't. Now you're trying to point out that the entire defense was ranked so low and that's why he was dreadful?

Or is it just your opinion?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom