Simply fantastic (2 Viewers)

You can't even admit he was responding to the guy he quoted? LOL, I don't think anyone is going to get anywhere with this guy.

It is possible to paste a quote and think it was someone else who posted it...therefore addressing the person you thought posted...if you take time and read our conversation you will see what I was saying...shouldnt comment if you dont understand what was said

It is possible to put a quote down and think it was someone else who posted it...therefore addressing the person you thought posted...if you take time and read our conversation you will see what I was saying...shouldnt comment if you dont understand what was said

You really are obtuse. And painfully ornery to boot.

I would have taken offense, but I wasn't sure if he was talking to me.

Was gonna mention, it's mighty presumptuous to think you hadn't already read the conversation. I realize there aren't gonna be a large number of people in here that would come to my defense-- so to say-- so for someone to force that to happen takes a whole lotta knuckleheadedness

You guys are silly about this... The reason he had so many sacks was surprise, he got free runs at the qb... He didnt beat anyone to get to the qb, it was great scheme!!! He's a DB who can't cover and isn't a great tackler.

Harper has numbers that say otherwise.......

Was gonna mention, it's mighty presumptuous to think you hadn't already read the conversation. I realize there aren't gonna be a large number of people in here that would come to my defense-- so to say-- so for someone to force that to happen takes a whole lotta knuckleheadedness

LMAO, I have plenty of that.

Wrong again. I never quoted tipped passes I quoted "Passes Defended". That's why I drew the distinction. :scratch:

I'm glad you picked up the fight with these guys, Its like talking to a brick wall. I tried and gave up.
You would think Roman Harper got there wives pregnant! Lol

It's amazing to me how some players can be viewed so differently from fan to fan. We all watch the same games, yet Fan A thinks the player is awful and Fan B thinks the player is good. How can two fans' opinion be diametrically opposed when said opinion is based on having watched the same exact games?

The best example of this would be Reggie Bush. I always viewed Bush as an integral piece to our rise to power. Without him our offense would've been good, but he brought a dynamism that added a schematic advantage to our offensive attack. I was pleased with the results but many considered him to be a bum.

Now we have Roman Harper, a player who is simultaneously a two time Pro Bowler and a flat out bum. The Pro Bowl nods and select stats can back up an argument that he is a keystone of our defense and his deficiencies as a player are caused by those around him (lack of pass rush, poor usage by coaching scheme, etc). Watching his play from game to game can back up an argument that he is dreadful at certain crucial aspects of the Safety position (coverage, ball skills, instincts, etc).

Can Roman Harper be a good player and a bad player at the same time?

I've been watching 2012 games lately. Against Green Bay, The Chargers and The Giants Harper was actually pretty good. He shut down Gates almost completely, and whenever he was on the wrong side of a successful play, it was usually cleaning up after P.Rob, Greer or the linebacker corps. Couple plays where he anticipates the play and ends up covering for someone else leave him in trouble and make it look like it was him, but actually he's the one stopping the play before it can become a homerun. When rushing he seldom gets anything done, but that seemed to be a collective problem for the whole D. I really can't see anything bad enough to warrant all the hate.

I also watched the game against Seattle. It was horrible. If Harper got fired after that i would've been cheering. There are no excuses for a game like that. He should've been benched after the 1st quarter. If he'd look anything like that nowadays i'd be on the hatetrain, but luckily he doesn't. If anyone remembers one especially bad game from last season i'd like to watch it.

In those games i re-watched P.Rob, Greer and maybe Strief were quite bad. And the pass rush.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom