Simply fantastic (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Finally it feels like the fans and LOOMIS/PAYTON are on the same page as far as personnel on our defense is concerned. Gallette and Wilson need maximum playing time in this new 3-4 defense. Also, Sean Payton admitted that Saints are gonna make some tough decision. We were only hearing about Smith and Vilma but then he also mentioned Harper. I obviously dont want him even if he takes a massive paycut. Our safety play has to improve in order Rob Ryan to get more pressure on the QBs.

Maybe something positive came out of Sean Payton's suspension. It gave him time to look at our team like the rest of us fans.

Even though we're switching to the 3-4, I think we need to sign that massive, problem maker that the great 3-4 defenses have such as Wilfork or Ngata. Our secondary looked bad last year, but they made way too many tackles, and any QB in the NFL will kill you if you give him all day in the pocket. It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few days.

I don't think being on the same page with the fans is a priority in any way. But it is nice when they happen to be.

Finally it feels like the fans and LOOMIS/PAYTON are on the same page as far as personnel on our defense is concerned. Gallette and Wilson need maximum playing time in this new 3-4 defense. Also, Sean Payton admitted that Saints are gonna make some tough decision. We were only hearing about Smith and Vilma but then he also mentioned Harper. I obviously dont want him even if he takes a massive paycut. Our safety play has to improve in order Rob Ryan to get more pressure on the QBs.

This is just funny. Y'all think our front office and coaches care what the fans think? (laymen, that is). Actually, coach said the exact opposite of what you just did in regards to the Ryan hire (they aren't in the business of making popular choices, they are in the business of winning). Get outta here with this self-importance nonsense.

Roman Harper would be an absolute terror if used properly in a 3-4 defense.

Roman Harper would be an absolute terror if used properly in a 3-4 defense.
Completely disagree....no matter how good in run support and as a blitzing safety he is any defensive back that is that inept at pass coverage he will always be a liability...you cant hide him enough...no matter what defense you run

Completely disagree....no matter how good in run support and as a blitzing safety he is any defensive back that is that inept at pass coverage he will always be a liability...you cant hide him enough...no matter what defense you run
I and anyone who watched Harper play under Gregg Williams disagrees.

What did you and everyone else who watched the last three years think about Harper? He was terrible...slow and a complete liability.....period....

Harper is not the best, but he is not nearly as bad as most people seem to think. I give him a pass for last year because Spags did not use him correctly.

I will say he needs to learn to play the ball better, he usually has decent coverage, he just doesn't play the ball. Although I think he has gotten better. He led our secondary in passes defensed last year. I know it has a lot to do with being targeted a lot, but I'm not saying he is good at playing the ball in the air( I would say it's the weakest part of his game) but I have noticed some improvement.

I hope he restructures and we keep him because Ryan will use him correctly, and he will probably go back to the pro bowl

Harper had great numbers, but his pass rush was poor as a percentage of the times he tried to sack the QB, but GW blitzed all the time so he did put up numbers, but many others would have put up better ones in that situation. He is usually a pretty good tackler, but can't cover and doesn't play the ball in the air at all. I don't mean to rag on him, but we are paying him too much, but I do think Jenkins is worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom