Simpsons Movie Review (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
My inner nerd in me made me go check out the Simpsons Movie at the midnight showing and I must say, it was very well worth it.

I was pretty nervous that I was going to force myself to like the movie because it was simply a Simpsons movie but the movie was very, very good.

The jokes were great, some had me in tears.
The animation was amazing.
Their were also heartfelt moments like the ones that used to be in the classic era.

I'm not apart of the "Simpsons ain't what it used to be" crowd. While I think the show isn't as great as it's early days, I still think it's one of the better shows on TV. Even with that, this movie should even please the former Simpsons fan.

I hope you all go check it out, because it is easily the funniest movie of the year.

I saw the midnight showing as well, and my response to it was lukewarm. While it had some funny jokes, it relied mostly on slapstick humor rather than the brilliant wit and satire it used to have. In addition, it took at least half and hour before any semblance of a plot arose (and once the plot arrived, you weren't really sure you wanted it). In short, I was really hoping that this movie would mark something of a return to the shows roots, thus regrounding and reenergizing the show. Sadly, it did neither. Thirty minutes of slapstick can be comical....in a complete movie, it's hardly enough to sustain.

...As a sidenote, the animation for this was absolutely GORGEOUS. I found myself passing most of the time taking in the crispness and vibrancy of it. In that respect, it was superbly done.

I respectfully disagree. I feel that while their may have been alittle bit too much physical punishment humor, alot of the jokes were very witty and downright hilarious.

One joke that was pretty hilarious that many didn't catch was when the kids and Marge were kidnapped and Bart said...

Bart: Did you guys hear something?
Lisa: It was probably just a moth
Marge: I hope it's ok.

It was the totally offbeat Simpsons joke that used to go on during their classic era.

We're definitely going to have to agree to disagree on this one, but I feel that their was much more to the humor than just the slapstick stuff.

But you are correct on the animation, it was amazing.

Caught the 1:00 showing with the Godson.

He laughed because everybody else was laughing.

I expected the worst and was pleasantly surprised.

The movie's rating was a source of controversy. I agree that it was not pg13 but it was certainly not pg. PG8 anyone?

I figured that this would kill the franchise. This may be their curtain call because they are tired of doing it or because they have done nearly every storyline that there is but it won't end because of this movie.

I take it you haven't seen Knocked Up?

yeah, good point. i haven't seen simpsons yet. going this weekend probably. but i'm a dedicated simpsons fan from day one (also think they just don't have the same caliber of wit and references that they used to but) - very looking forward to it.

that being said, i just can't imagine how it could be funnier than knocked up. lord that movie was hysterical.

I take it you haven't seen Knocked Up?
Yes. But I'm a Simpsons nerd at heart, so I'm of course going to put it in front of Knocked Up.

I'm biased, but I thought this was better than Knocked Up. Heck, I thought Knocked Up was simply decent.

Just saw it with the Wife, FANTASTIC MOVIE!!!
I am not a big avid Simpsons watcher, but the movie was definitely well worth it!!! It has got to be the best movie I have seen this year!!!

By the way not to give away the movie, if you go watch it stay till the end of the credits otherwise you will miss some important additional stuff!!

By the way not to give away the movie, if you go watch it stay till the end of the credits otherwise you will miss some important additional stuff!!

I figured that would be the case but the Godson ran for the exit as soon as the credits started and I had to chase him.

I'll see what I missed on DVD. :dunno:

I don't know about the movie, but the morons clogging up the "Kwik-E-Mart", er, 7-11 in my neighborhood need to get a life...

"In July 2007, eleven 7-Eleven locations in the United States and one in Canada were transformed into Kwik-E-Marts as part of a special promotion for the upcoming The Simpsons Movie. For a limited time, 7-Elevens across North America will also sell various Simpsons products, such as Squishees, Buzz Cola and Krusty-Os cereal."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwik-E-Mart

I though *** was pretty good. Not great, but it was a fun time. I really like Mr. Burns and Smithers at the end of it though.

Jules and I felt that our money would've been better spent elsewhere.
The movie wasn't bad, alot of the satire that made the show funny was long gone.
I laughed out loud twice for the entire movie.

i can't see how any simpsons fan didn't like the movie. i loved it. It was just like the tv show only longer with no commercials. how could anyone not like it?

anyways my favorite part of the movie had to be bart skating naked or dr. nick dying

"byeeeeee everybody"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom