Since 2017... (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I can't remember the last time they started 2-0, so the Saints losing to Carolina was no real big surprise to me. Especially when you consider all of the players and coaches that were missing. I know this is a new team (sans Drew Brees) but the Saints are following the same pattern than they have for the past 4+ seasons. Anybody that knows the Saints know that we have started out the gates slow. Its such a weird thing with this team where they get out the blocks slow, then run off a ton of wins in a row. For instance...

2017.. started out 0-2 then ran off 8 straight.

17.jpg

2018... started out 0-1 then ran off 10 straight.

18.jpg

2019... started out 1-1 then won 9 of the next 10 (6 straight).

19.jpg

2020... Started out 1-2 then ran off 9 straight.

20.jpg

Just wanted to remind everyone that yeah it was bad last week, but this team has a history of bouncing back BIG.

I’m thinking it could be an 8-9 or 9-8… and tbh I don’t think that would be completely terrible. I don’t think Winston is as great as many do… I don’t have his ceiling as high as so many do. Just my thoughts.

I often think about how we start a little slow then let lose.

I remember when Gregg Williams was here (I know) and I read that on the first drive by the opponent's offense, he would sometimes let them go down the field and score at ease because he wanted to see what packages they were running, THEN he'd adjust.

I used to think that maybe Payton was doing something similar with the team as a whole. With Drew Brees driving, we kinda had the luxury of being able to rebound quickly.

I can't speak to this year - who knows what we'll be - but in the past, it certainly kept me hopeful when those first few games were ugly.

Bottom line is JW doesn't know how to audible or move the protections, and Brees was a master of that. I agree with the above poster. I just dont see a higher ceiling for JW. He is in the bottom third of QBs. In this league you need to have a top 10 QB to even be relevant. He had 5 years in Tampa with way better weapons than he does now. I hope he proves me wrong though. 7-10...maybe 8-9 is my prediction, and we move on from Winston after this year and maybe go after unwanted QB's like Cousins or Watson or Rodgers if he wants to come.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom