Since Brees, Have any Free agents/trades from other teams actually worked out? (1 Viewer)

mc4saints

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did The Saints sell their soul for Brees to become a hall of famer?

Seems like they have either been awful, headcase, or injured?

Vilma, Sharper (headcase but worked out), Unger. Who else?

Greer, Sharper, Fujita, Vilma, Sproles, Grubbs, Watson, etc. We've had a lot of FA busts since 2012, but there have been several that have worked out since Brees.

I know cutting Spiller just feels like everything has been spiraling out of control or whatever. Dead money. Free agent busts. 7-9. Bad drafts.

But don't lose your head. We haven't been THAT bad. Plenty of our free agents have worked out.

Yea.... My old memory is failing me... I guess I was thinking more recently.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Darren Sproles --- Until that ran its course due to cap issues
Darren Sharper --- Wouldn't have won a Super Bowl without him
Jonathan Vilma --- Same as Sharper
Jabari Greer --- Was a thing of beauty until the poor guy broke his leg

Problem is these moves were before 2012 and there are a host of moves by number that outweigh the good ones above

Greer, Sharper, Fujita, Vilma, Sproles, Grubbs, Watson, etc. We've had a lot of FA busts since 2012, but there have been several that have worked out since Brees.

Thank you.

Are you dense? Jabari Greer, Darren Sproles, Darren Sharper, Jonathan Vilma, Ben Watson (like Sharper, only 1 year, but like Sharper, it was a great year)...and those are players that played at a Pro Bowl-level, there have many more than played at more than adequate as starters/role players, you are letting the recent misfortune dilute your judgement.

Edit: Should've mentioned Kenaan Lewis too

Pierre Thomas how we forget! Best free agent ever in the league in my opinion

Lewis was a success,.Fajita, Shanle,Greer, Sharper, Hargrove, Shockey. Hollis Thomas

SNEAD was a player waived by another team. Not quite a FA think we got him off waiver wire. He is working out pretty well though.
Sorry for wrong info. He was a free agent signed to practice squad in 2014.

Are you dense? Jabari Greer, Darren Sproles, Darren Sharper, Jonathan Vilma, Ben Watson (like Sharper, only 1 year, but like Sharper, it was a great year)...and those are players that played at a Pro Bowl-level, there have many more than played at more than adequate as starters/role players, you are letting the recent misfortune dilute your judgement.

Edit: Should've mentioned Kenaan Lewis too
Look.... I said my memory was failing me before you posted this... No need for name calling.... I said Sharper, Unger, and Vilma. Sproles and Greer slipped my mind.

I didn't include Pierre because he didn't come from another team. If I edited my post to 2012... Only Watson and Hunger right?

I included injured in my 1st post as well. I know that isn't anyone's fault but it seems to happen a lot to our quality free agents/trades.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sproles
Watson( one year)
Shockey(sorta)
Grubbs( sorta)
Goodwin
Unger
Hargrove
Fujita
Vilma
Greer
Sharper( hate myself for saying that)
K. Lewis (1st two years)

But yes more major fails

K. Lewis since then
Spiller
Browner
Every free agent or traded for LB other than SF and JV

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom