Since I haven't seen a pre-game speech yet... (1 Viewer)

Marlboro Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
and I really like those, so I'll give it a try myself. NOI

Men, as you know, we're going on the road again this week to play another very good football team.

We're going into a cold, hostile environment to play last years Champion Pittsburg Steelers.

I know you may be thinking that the Steelers aren't a very good football team because their record is only 2-6. Well, if you believe that, then you are setting yourself up for a loss today.

Sure, the Steelers are only 2-6, but they are still ranked 10th in both offense and defense. They play a very fast and physical style of defense and try to disrupt what their opponents do and they try to force mistakes and errors by their opponents.

Offensively, they have a big, strong armed, accurate QB in Rothlisburger and some talented recievers and running backs, and they like to use gadget plays to break games open.

This week Joey Porter came out and showed us no respect by guaranteeing a win this Sunday against YOU! Then their coach Bill Cower almost slipped and did the same thing. Do you know what that means? It means, that Pittsburg thinks that they can just show up and beat us. That no matter what their record, no matter what mistakes they make, that no matter what happens, there is no way that we can beat them. Well, I for one say, they're wrong! I know that these statements from the Steelers may make some of you a little angry and make you want to play harder, but if you need motivation to play your best out on that field today, in a very loud, hostile and frigid environment, then all you need do, is think about your fans and your city and what they went through and what they are still going through, and if that isn't motivation enough for you, then I don't know what else could motivate you. We bring a few minutes of happiness to our fans that have nothing else, we shine a little light into the darkness of the devastation of our city, and it is our duty to give our very best each and every week to try to lighten that burden and to give hope to our fans and fellow citizens of New Orleans and the Gulf South Region.

Now let's go out there and show these Pittsburg Steelers what we're made of, that we are a team to be reckoned with and that we are no longer the Saints of old, that we're for real and they better be ready for us cause we won't give up and we won't quit. Let's go get a victory for our city and our fans!

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My Pregame speech:

"Peter King, writer for SI - Steelers
Paul Zimmerman, writer for SI - Steelers
All four commentators for Inside the NFL - Steelers
Theisman - Steelers
Golic, ESPN - Steelers
Mortenson, ESPN - Steelers
Jaworski, ESPN - Steelers
Hoge, Allen, Salisbury, ESPN - Steelers"

Frank The Rat

Official SR twitter team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
haven't done a pregame speech in awhile. Its not easy trying to come up with something different and good every single week:D Nice Speech. Both of you.

TGraff

Reaction score
My Pregame speech:

"Peter King, writer for SI - Steelers
Paul Zimmerman, writer for SI - Steelers
All four commentators for Inside the NFL - Steelers
Theisman - Steelers
Golic, ESPN - Steelers
Mortenson, ESPN - Steelers
Jaworski, ESPN - Steelers
Hoge, Allen, Salisbury, ESPN - Steelers"

I like that one...

OP
Marlboro Man

Marlboro Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey FTR, didn't know it was you who did that. I really like those speeches you do like that. Hope to see one from you again soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Through 2 weeks, Saints still haven't protected a practice squad player SR News Page Articles 0
Saints haven't trailed in NFC South for 722 days; here's where things stand after Week 1 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S ***Burrow's Bengals vs Mayfield's Browns Game Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 305
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
gummbo70114 Rewatch Tampa versus Saints game on NFL network at 7 PM central time Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Will we see an increased emphasis on the run game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Dan in Lafayette Game analysis with T-Bob Hebert & Nick Underhill Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
kansast Game with New Orleans Radio broadcast Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
3 Takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 15: More takeaways from Saints week 1 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Bucs draws high ratings for opening week game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus The Eerie Silence of an N.F.L. Stadium Makes the Game Even More for TV SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara SNF ratings for huge Cowboys/Rams game has to ring the alarm bells for the NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 213
Michael Thomas suffers high-ankle injury at the end of Saints vs Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Nightshade Retired Saints FB Zach Line still dressing out for game days -- from his couch Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
superchuck500 Morstead turns in another brilliant game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Andrus Saints defense & special teams keep offense in the game to beat Bucs 34–23 SR News Page Articles 0
CowtownSaint This is Still a Game of Emotion Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Saint Kamara The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Big opening win still isn’t what a Saints game in the Dome is supposed to be Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 Trey Hendrickson; outstanding game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Andrus Saints stand for National Anthem during first home game SR News Page Articles 0
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 102
Saint Kamara And that's what the first preseason game looks like Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Saints 17 Buccaneers 7: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
N/S 4th and inches, game on the line... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Saints vs Buccaneers game inactives Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Krodwhodat What game are you looking forward to today other than the Saints? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Bill Analysis ***Official Buccaneers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2165
Dan in Lafayette Tailgate Official Saints vs. Bucs Pre-Game Thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 128
Need help watching game! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
woohoosaint Predict the outcome of the Saints vs Bucs game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
woohoosaint Anybody else getting the night before the opening game jitters?! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Andrus Saints Promote 2 From Practice Squad for Buccaneers Game SR News Page Articles 0
Saints add Bennie Fowler and Margus Hunt to game day roster Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Buccaneers elevate two for Sunday’s game at New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton seamed to be caught off guard by no fans for game 3 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Walker: Leonard Fournette gets long-awaited game in Superdome Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints not cleared to host fans for Sept. 27 game vs. Packers SR News Page Articles 0
Saints vs. Buccaneers: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bruce Arians: Mike Evans probably will be a game-time decision Saints RSS News Feeds 0