Since our ST Took a Major Step Back Sunday... (2 Viewers)

thailen

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
who're the Dolphins' kickoff and punt returners and how have they done?
Second, we've talked about the wedge here, but have the Saints sent those stills to the league office together with a protest? If so, what do you think the NFL will do about it?

I think Ted Ginn returns both kicks and punts for the Dolphins and I doubt Payton or the league does anything about the Giants running a wedge on kick returns.

As a Buckeye...

I remember Ginn running back punts and kickoffs for TDs, so I'm worried about him. Do we know how he's done so far this year?

Devone Bess returns the kickoffs and punts, but Ginn does get an opportunity every now and then.

wasnt jenkins out last game. i think that had a lot to due with our ST struggling

No Jenkins played.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

who're the Dolphins' kickoff and punt returners and how have they done? . . .

You can find both kickoff and punt return stats for all NFL teams at:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...sonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

As a team, the Dolphins are tied at No. 19 in the NFL in kickoff return avg. with a 22.0 yd. per return average. Their long return was 39 yds. and they have no TDs. 14 of their 21 total kickoff returns have gone for more than 20 yds. and, obviously, none have gone for more than 40 yds.

The Dolphins have yet to fumble a kickoff return and they have no fair catches, which suggests they are aggressive in attitude, but not without surrendering protection of the ball.

With respect to punt returns, the Dolphins are tied at No. 15 in the NFL in punt return avg. with an 8.6 yd. per return average. Their longest return was 12 yds. They have not lost a fumble in the punting game either, and they have fair caught two punts.

I find it interesting that the Dolphins have only returned 9 punts total through 5 games. That seems like a small number to me, but then the Saints have only returned 12, so maybe it's not all that unusual.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom