Since Talib came back in the lineup, Rams have played 64% zone (1 Viewer)

They way I see it, if they want to sit their corners at 10-15 we come out at them with some quick screens. They start moving coverage up but dropping into the zone, swing Kamara out and work Ginn into a nice little sit in the Seam. That will widen/weaken the defence and then you start hitting them with some inside zone runs and let the thunder and lightning rain down
This.

Some blitz's we are ready for ... Etc. Score two. Air it out .

Man to man is our weakness because it disrupts the timing.

I just can’t envision them not having Talib man to man with Michael Thomas. Especially after last weeks outburst.

Good info.

Yeah, it was weird yesterday in Payton's newser. He said they're expecting a lot of zone. It's almost like they're daring them to man-up.

Who knows?
I think this is a ploy on Paytons part. Telling everyone we are expecting zone when hes really expecting man. But if they play zone, we destroy that. We will be ready.

Man to man is our weakness because it disrupts the timing.

I just can’t envision them not having Talib man to man with Michael Thomas. Especially after last weeks outburst.
I don’t think he can hand with MT for 4 quarters. Better have tried and failed

Peters since the Saints game has not allowed a TD and has a QB rating against of 64.

Don't necessarily think it's Peters getting eaten up all over again.

As much as everyone is talking about #CantGuardMike and Kamara, I think we're going to see some huge production out of one of our role players like TQS and a good dose of Ingram. They're going to be so focused on stopping Mike that other holes are going to be left open.

our screen game needs to come back this game
As Charles Davis said in our Eagles game it's hard to run screens against zones.

Everyone is watching the QB in zones, as for man coverage, DB's have their backs to the play, therefore, easier to run the screen.

Not going to see many if at all screens against the Rams if they run that much zone.

6th most in the NFL during that period.

We know Drew and Thomas are about the best combination in football in regards to attacking a zone defense. Look for him to get his. Again.
Mike Thomas has been really good against zone. He finds a soft spot and kind of strolls through it until Drew finds him. He makes it look easy.

They don’t have anyone to cover Ginn
#facts

This is true. But in a way, it'll be Aaron Donald vs Ginn (on the deeper routes). Neither Shields or Peters will be able to keep Gin from going by them, but the deeper routes take some time to develop. Donald doesn't allow that time. So for Ginn to win, our O-line will also have to win.

Peters since the Saints game has not allowed a TD and has a QB rating against of 64.

Don't necessarily think it's Peters getting eaten up all over again.

Interesting considering Hill had 215 yards receiving against them just couple weeks later. I’m guessing that went to the other side.

I know they’ve been playing a lot more zone. Maybe he’s getting more help?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom