Since this is the Bye week... (entertaining reading) (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Yes, the bye is coming at the right time. We need the extra week for some of our warriors to come back from injury. The good news is the fact that some of our young guys have shown growth, especially on defense. It will be great to get back to football in Week 6.

But since we have a week off the gridiron, some of us might want to look back at how Chargers' fans viewed the Saints v. Chargers game in their pregame thread. Some interesting stuff. Bring your popcorn & brewski... there are lots of nuggets in here! :popc: :munch:

Here's a sample:

by chargertom (Bandwagon Homer Moderator)
Miami said no thanks, after they saw his medical report. New Orleans was the only team willing to take the gamble. It paid off for them. I still say the timing of their Super Bowl win right after Katrina is suspect.

by chargermouse (Hall of Famer)

Their offense was unstoppable that year. Put the sour grapes away.

Again, I'm only posting this because this is our Bye week. :cool:

Chargers vs Saints Pre-Game Thread - The Official San Diego Chargers Forum

:gosaints:

Ha! I remember some conspiracy theories about the Colts being bought off to throw the game, just look at Manning's face during the game, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's always funny to me when people say we were given that super bowl after Katrina.

It's like, do they not remember us going to the NFC championship after Katrina and not winning? Our Super Bowl was years after Katrina. What a stupid conspiracy theory.

I hear about the whole conspiracy theory every week of football season from a cowboi fan. But it is better now, he's happy because dat man is taking them to the Superbowl. I cant wait. Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face, then to watch a good old fashioned cowboy fan meltdown. One of the advantages to living here.

I hear about the whole conspiracy theory every week of football season from a cowboi fan. But it is better now, he's happy because dat man is taking them to the Superbowl. I cant wait. Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face, then to watch a good old fashioned cowboy fan meltdown. One of the advantages to living here.

I hear you, Super. We too lived in Plano (2 yrs. ago), and have since moved to downtown Dallas. But overall, the fans here seem to have a quiet confidence that is building each week.

Should the Cowboys get past the Bengals (which isn't a stretch to imagine), I see their team moving similar to what we did in '06. They're not a juggernaut, but neither are they playing like a team that is likely to choke.

Even so, my bottom line is to watch and pull for our boys in the Black & Gold. In Week 6, Atlanta will likely be coming off a LOSS at Denver, and the Panthers will likely have kicked the Bucs' arse in Week 5. That, I assume, will set up a situation where the Saints could be playing to be a mere game out of first place in the NFC South in Week 6 when the Panthers come to the Dome.

Best case scenario after Week 6

Falcons 3-3 (play Broncos and Seahawks, Wk 5/Wk 6)
Saints 2-3
Panthers 2-4
Bucs 1-4 (bye, Wk 6)

Who would have thought this possible a couple of weeks ago? :ezbill:

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom