Since when does 7 games define your career? (2 Viewers)

Deuuuuce

So much 4 being rusty
Reaction score
I HATE Sean Salisbury. He just said that if the draft were today, Maroney should be drafted ahead of Bush. What an idiodic statement. Sure, Maroney has been more productive than Bush to this point, but come on. Bush is light years ahead of Maroney in terms of talent. Once he gets adjusted and gets some good run blocking, he will make Salisbury look like a fool yet again.

You hate Salisbury, yet you continually watch him and all the rest of the same guys that say the same thing over and over, and yet you still get mad every time. Maybe you should stop listening to what these guys say

You hate Salisbury, yet you continually watch him and all the rest of the same guys that say the same thing over and over, and yet you still get mad every time. Maybe you should stop listening to what these guys say

I honestly don't put any value in what he says. In fact, I usually expect the opposite of what he says to actually happen, but I thought that this particular statement was just ridiculous. Maybe some people do actually believe that Maroney wil be the better player, but there is no way you can determine that after 7 games. Deuce Mcallister had 90 rushing yards in his rookie season. I know he didn't start, but not many rookies show there true potential in their first season...That's all I have to say. No need to lecture me.

Did anyone see the size of the holes Maroney was running through last night? Simple iso play off the left tackle and the guy was in the secondary before anyone got within five yards of him. I'm not trying to take anything away from Maroney because I think he will be a great running back in this league (and thought so when he was at Minn.), but anyone could get serious yards running downhill through holes that monstrous.

What they'll say is that he did it against one of the best run stopping defenses in the league this year. But what they'll fail to mention is that he didn't start getting his big yards until later in the game after Brady and Belichek smartly spread out the Vikes' D by throwing the ball almost every down with 3 and 4 reciever sets. Then the Pats used their very good offensive line and some more good play calling to gash them on the long runs.

But that's all X's and O's, far to complicated for the average ADD football fan to understand according to the networks. Just give me some T.O. coverage and tell me how many Bengals were incarcerated this week.

And Colston would go before Maroney. The point is moot.

Did anyone see the size of the holes Maroney was running through last night? Simple iso play off the left tackle and the guy was in the secondary before anyone got within five yards of him. I'm not trying to take anything away from Maroney because I think he will be a great running back in this league (and thought so when he was at Minn.), but anyone could get serious yards running downhill through holes that monstrous.

What they'll say is that he did it against one of the best run stopping defenses in the league this year. But what they'll fail to mention is that he didn't start getting his big yards until later in the game after Brady and Belichek smartly spread out the Vikes' D by throwing the ball almost every down with 3 and 4 reciever sets. Then the Pats used their very good offensive line and some more good play calling to gash them on the long runs.

But that's all X's and O's, far to complicated for the average ADD football fan to understand according to the networks. Just give me some T.O. coverage and tell me how many Bengals were incarcerated this week.

Exactly, it's nothing against Maroney. He looks like he will have a solid career, but even if the draft were today, I think you have to pick Bush over him. He's just a more dynamic player. A game changer. You shouldnt judge a player based on his production in his first 7 games in the league. I guess I can see the argument for selecting Maroney over Bush, but I think the support for the argument(he's been more productive in the first 7 games of his career) is weak.

ah, dang, but to argue the point of maroney vs reggie at top of draft is seems kind of crazy isn't it? you draft according to your scouting and what that player did in college.. is there any argument about reggie being outperformed in college? I think not.
oh, and has maroney caught half the passes reggie has?
comparing apples and oranges, granted both are listed as RB's but that's about it.

I am a Saints fan, and I am glad that we have Bush, but I am not taking sides on this argument.
I will say, however, that the Maroney dude is the one of the hardest, downhill runners that I have seen, and he is strong to boot. He also has good vision. Just giving some credit where it is due.
I believe that Reggie will make a greater impact on this team as time goes on. He is a very talented and intelligent athlete.
I do think that it is too early to determine whose better.... it's probably good to get a couple years in before doing it.

ESPN gives some good material for entertaining discussion. :_rofl:

I wish Reggie would just run loose one of these games to stop all the talk. I know we've been saying he will, but it's time for him now. Who knows, maybe the ankle injury could help him run slower in the backfield and wait for some holes to open.

These morons Flip-Flop so much who cares what they say. One week they are on the bandwagon.......next week they are not.

I know what we have in our team and in Bush.....that's all that matters.

I'm not saying he is a bust or will not be a decent player in this league. Consider this, Reggie did not see a good defense until he got to the NFL. Other than USC, the Pac-10 is a GARBAGE conference, defensively. I think he is having trouble adjusting.

I can tell you this though, he is no Barry Sanders, Gale Sayers, Marshall Faulk, etc. If he was, Pete Carrol would have given him the ball on 4th and 1 in the NC game instead of Lendale White....

Salisbury Steak is about the dumbest guy on ESPN. I mean once you open that Pandora's box, you could devote any entire 2 hour movie to players who performed and were drafter lower starting off with Jerry Rice. That's like saying, "Oh yea, in hindsight I would have picked the winning lottery numbers had I known that those numbers would win the lottery." I wouldn't put anything past the Salisbury Steak boy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom