Since when is Boudreaux Chinese?! (1 Viewer)

Bernard's is also Chinese its distributed around Lafayette Area. Rubbery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I would feel comfortable ordering shrimp at most places. Gulf shrimp are actually cheaper per pound than chinese shrimp.

The shrimp issue is more of cleanliness and preparation for me, especially with the smaller fried ones.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I bought some frozen tails yesterday here in Houston. You just have to read the fine print. They had the chinese ones right next to the Louisiana ones. The chinese ones were like 10.99 i think, and the usa ones were 15.99. I bought the LA ones. I always check the labels. the chinese ones are awful, they are rubbery and taste like sand. I will pay more to support local crawfish farmers everytime. You just have to make sure it says product of the USA on it.

It's frankly just an issue of food safety. The standards and practices of food production in China have been demonstrated to be abysmal. And while its not specifically applicable to crawfish, they don't practice sustainable harvest either. Part of why US seafood can be so expensive is our standards and practices for sustainable harvest are incredibly strict, Us fisheries are the best managed in the world, and we don't get around this by raping other locales as the Japanese do.

While we're on the subject, same goes for US timber.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom