Sione Pouha is he an option at NT? (1 Viewer)

str8outtajerzy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
The New York Jets aren't done chopping veterans off the roster in order to clear up salary-cap space ahead of Tuesday's free agency rush.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News cited a source in reporting the team will release Sione Pouha, the reliable nose tackle who started 54 games for the Jets over the past four seasons.

Sione Pouha reportedly will be cut by New York Jets - NFL.com

I don't know much about him, but he seems to be good at stuffing the run, what do you guys think?

I don't know much either, but according to Rotoworld he has back issues and was pushed around a lot.

comma

NO THANKs we have a great up and coming NT in hicks and a vet in bunkley to help Hicks become all pro and reach his extremely high ceiling!

The New York Jets aren't done chopping veterans off the roster in order to clear up salary-cap space ahead of Tuesday's free agency rush.

Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News cited a source in reporting the team will release Sione Pouha, the reliable nose tackle who started 54 games for the Jets over the past four seasons.

Sione Pouha reportedly will be cut by New York Jets - NFL.com

I don't know much about him, but he seems to be good at stuffing the run, what do you guys think?

I think that he is in his mid-thirties and has been injured. So I would vote no.

NO THANKs we have a great up and coming NT in hicks and a vet in bunkley to help Hicks become all pro and reach his extremely high ceiling!

This is assuming that Hicks will play 1-tech and not 3-tech. The Saints also don't have a NT capable of playing 0-tech...which will, of course, not be our base defense, but it will be nice to have options.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom