Sirius car kit? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be getting a Sirius car system in the next 7-10 days, and I'd like to get an idea on what the best tuners are. I'm looking for one of those small ones that you can hook up in your car and carry it inside and hook up to your home stereo.

Currently this is the one I'm looking at, but I'd like to get some alternative suggestions.

SIRIUS Starmate Replay radio

Get the sporster replay http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/ser...7&catParentID=7875&scId=7875&oldParentID=7870,I have first hand experience with that one and its a great unit.The boombox for it is nice,but plan on buying another antenna for it as soon as you get it because the one out of the box is junk.Get the outdoor antenna for the boombox,it gets reception just about anywhere,ive got mine on the floor of the bathroom right now and its getting full reception.

Thanks ktulu. Looks like you (and I eventually) are the only one on the board who actually own one.

I borrowed one for a trip to minnesota, so the only the only advice i can offer is: Sirius is awesome! :p

I own the S50 and love it. There's a new S100 as well - it's totally portable, comes with antenna for catching live satellite feeds on-the-go.

I can't recommend the S100 since I've never tried it out, but the S50 is a fantastic little unit which can also be used as a portable .mp3 player, in addition to it being able to be used when connected to your PC.

I have the same one that ktulu has (Sportster). Love it.
The boom box is great. Just like ktulu, I had major issues with the antenna and had to use the one for my indoor stereo base station.

A bud of mine has the one you are looking at. I think I like it better, if that helps you any.
He doesn't have the boom box, so I don't know about it.

I bought the Sportster Replay from Radioshack, and I love it. I can rewind the broadcast if I miss something. I wouldn't trade it for anything else, and the NFL Network Station is awesome!!

Picked up the Sportster 4 today at Best Buy, and made an appointment for professional installation and hardwiring for Friday morning. Huzzah!

I just got the Sportster a few days ago. Content is great. But, the FM modulator is really, really poor. In New Orleans, all fm bands have either a station or bleedover, so I'm running it through my ipod fm modulator. I'm looking into a direct connection to from the sportster to the antenna port on the back of of my radio to eliminate the static.

And, yes, NFL Network, on sirius is great. Between that and the NFL network on TV, I think I'm driving my wife crazy.

I just got the Sportster a few days ago. Content is great. But, the FM modulator is really, really poor. In New Orleans, all fm bands have either a station or bleedover, so I'm running it through my ipod fm modulator. I'm looking into a direct connection to from the sportster to the antenna port on the back of of my radio to eliminate the static.

And, yes, NFL Network, on sirius is great. Between that and the NFL network on TV, I think I'm driving my wife crazy.

I have the same problem here in Virginia, so I just took off my car antenna. No problems now. If you can't remove your car antenna you can unplug it from the very back of the radio.

Thanks, Army Dave. That's a good solution. Also, I found a $19 antenna adapter for Sirius at Crutchfield.com that lets you keep your antenna getting local stations and runs the sportster through the antenna port on the back of the radio.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom