Sirius' Schein and Wilcots don't like Morgan/Thomas Deal (1 Viewer)

if morgan is healthy he is the 2nd greatest LB to come out of Miami.... Ray Lewis then Dan Morgan.... 1 year contract means he might not even take a roster spot, if he gets hurt during training camp we cut him, no hurt to us!!!! if he stays healthy, we just got a Pro-Bowl caliber LB...... worth a 1 year risk to me....

Of course it's worth a one-year risk. It's not as though Shanle is the equivalent of Walter Thomas if Morgan can't cut it. The LB moves and the signing of Gay and McCray enable the Saints to draft either LB or CB in the first round, whichever is BPA. And if either Ellis or Dorsey falls to 10, so much the better.

There is always a surprise in the draft. Someone will fall, and let's hope it's Dorsey or Ellis.

I don't like the Morgan signing either but for a different reason. My objection to the Morgan signing is it's a waste of a roster spot. It isn't a question of if Morgan's going to get hurt, it's a matter of when he'll get hurt. But in the grand scheme of things he signed a short term deal on the cheap (I hope) so it's low risk.......

It's risk/reward. If he makes it through the season, it's going to be huge. This guy is a tackling machine. I don't know how you can consider that as a waste of a roster spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom