Sirius' Schein and Wilcots don't like Morgan/Thomas Deal (1 Viewer)

But the WLB is a lot more in coverage than a MLB.....Morgan if he can play the position would be a much better upgrade than Shanle, and he won't have to be in the position to tackle with helmet first! As a MLB he had no choice much of the time, and if he can stay away from tight spots he might play the whole season without an injury

absolutely agree about adam and solly. on the way back home from school or work, i can get pumped up just listening to these guys, especially schein. he brings so much energy into the conversation. without a question in my opinion, he is the best in the business.

I know. I am sooooo depressed they got moved. They were what made my drive home down Evangeline THRWY tolerable. PK and TRoc have unique perspectives, but do not compare. I wish MY GUYS could go national, and do their sirius show on the NFL network, kind of like espn's mike and mike. Lord knows they got the space to do it. Would be a great way to promote both at once.

But the WLB is a lot more in coverage than a MLB.....Morgan if he can play the position would be a much better upgrade than Shanle, and he won't have to be in the position to tackle with helmet first! As a MLB he had no choice much of the time, and if he can stay away from tight spots he might play the whole season without an injury

I'm listening to the Mike Detellier interview from today and from what he said, Dan Morgan has played alot of WLB (mostly college) and he is a smart enough player that he can do it all. He said they will probably play him there and Vilma in the middle, which will help Dan with the concussion issue, seeing as he won't be going up the middle anymore and hitting his head so much.

If that works out, we'll have some super-stud LB's this season. But I'm a bit concerned cause Vilma isn't healthy yet, nor is Dan. So we'll see. Low risk, high reward, so I like it alot.

I really think Vilma's health is going to be a non issue, and that the theory on Morgan would be very huge if WLB in our scheme doesn't lend to much head truama. We also need Morgan to heal up his heal. Achilles is no joke, and no player is as quick after one of those.

Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwan, thought it was a low-risk/high-reward signing...nothing wrong with that.

Kirwan said this though..."The situation reminds me of Kyle Van Bosch when he was with the Cards...productive player but knee problems and health issues...no-one wanted him...Titans took a chance on him and he's 1 of their best players".

I think Morgan, will try his best to stay healthy this season to prove people wrong and the Panthers...he's also due a full season.

I'm listening to the Mike Detellier interview from today and from what he said, Dan Morgan has played alot of WLB (mostly college) and he is a smart enough player that he can do it all. He said they will probably play him there and Vilma in the middle, which will help Dan with the concussion issue, seeing as he won't be going up the middle anymore and hitting his head so much.

If that works out, we'll have some super-stud LB's this season. But I'm a bit concerned cause Vilma isn't healthy yet, nor is Dan. So we'll see. Low risk, high reward, so I like it alot.

It might work out to our benefit......Vilma has a bum knee, but in the middle he will have to play in tight spots most of the time, and there his speed is negated a great deal.....Morgan at WLB will roam in space a lot, and that will help him avoid the helmet to helmet collisions........both players might make it work! And if it works even more kudos to the one who concocted this arrangement!

remember, that's why we got faine for a song practically.. he was a high draft pick of theirs.. but he was always injured.. comes here, and plays for 2 years and missed 1 or 2 games maybe. now he's the highest paid center for the bucs?
injuries happen in this game.. and would be interesting to know how many concusses he had after changing to the new helmet? think that's when the achilles happened.
if he only gives us 8 games. that will be more wins that 8 games with shanle.. and those worried about the roster spot.. well don't he's taking up the extra spot that we were using for 2 kickers before .. now we only have grammatica as kicker.. mare is cut

These "injury prone" comments are driving me crazy.

I can understand recurring injuries to the same spot, but different injuries to different part of the body isn't a problem for me.

I am sure the team discussed the concussions with a medical expert and assessed the risk before signing Morgan.

--

I really do not think the concussion problem will be that bad, after all he has had another whole year to heal over. the heel injury is my concern. I thought it took around 18 months to completely get over one of these but maybe I am wrong. I like the signings and see it as the FO setting themselves up for the BPA in the draft. I think that they will make a move on Shockley before the draft also because I cannot see the G-Men paying him over 6 mil to be the second string TE and relying on sammy knight to be there main safety. look for us to unload bullocks to them in a trade sometime before the draft of possibly trading them straight up our #1 pick for their #1 and Shockley (which is essentially 2 #1's)

According to Panthers fans Morgan played WLB with the Panther during his rookie year. They moved him to MLB his second year. He excelled at both but just couldn't stay healthy.

I like both signings but want to see another FA brought in and see 2 drafted. One in the first 2 picks and one late.
That would put us with Fuji, Vilma, Sim, Morgan, Shanle, FA, DP, Mitchell, Evans, DP.

Thats 7 to pick out of ten and since 2 will mostly be for ST that leaves 5 guys to cover 3 positions.
And i really believe that if Morgan and Vilma are starting they will carry 7 LBers as insurance.

I see nothing wrong with taking a flyer on Morgan. It's a cheap one-year deal. If he works out, it could be huge, If he doesn't, no big deal. As far as taking up a roster spot, so what. After the draft the Saints bring in a bunch of camp bodies that have no chance. So he's taking one of those spots now. I see no down to this at all. As an aside, I still think the Saints will draft a linebacker.

My initial thought on the Morgan signing was that he was brought in to increase the level of competition at the LB spot. I seriously doubt that the Saints are going to risk the entire season on Morgan at the starting Will spot.

I'm guessing that they will try to address the position in the draft but Morgan is insurance in case they can't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom