Sirius' Schein and Wilcots don't like Morgan/Thomas Deal (1 Viewer)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted. Was kind of surprised that they didn't like the Dan Morgan or Zach Thomas (Cowboys) signing. Both for the same reason - they don't see the logic in signing a LBer with concussion issues. They said the position often has players leading with their helmet and they would feel much more comfortable signing a QB with past concussions, like Trent Green, then a linebacker. Was still surprised with this assessment, however, considering it's only a one-year deal. Maybe they would've thought Landon Johnson would've been a better signinh. He did lead the Bengals in tackles last season.

I don't like the Morgan signing either but for a different reason. My objection to the Morgan signing is it's a waste of a roster spot. It isn't a question of if Morgan's going to get hurt, it's a matter of when he'll get hurt. But in the grand scheme of things he signed a short term deal on the cheap (I hope) so it's low risk.......

Didn't see this posted. Was kind of surprised that they didn't like the Dan Morgan or Zach Thomas (Cowboys) signing. Both for the same reason - they don't see the logic in signing a LBer with concussion issues. They said the position often has players leading with their helmet and they would feel much more comfortable signing a QB with past concussions, like Trent Green, then a linebacker. Was still surprised with this assessment, however, considering it's only a one-year deal. Maybe they would've thought Landon Johnson would've been a better signinh. He did lead the Bengals in tackles last season.

I could see if they were both signed to long-term deals with a big chunk of guaranteed money, but Morgan on a 1-year deal is low-risk, high-reward. We could end up with a Pro Bowl-caliber LB if he's healthy. And even if he only plays 10 games, that's 10 games where Shanle isn't starting. I'll take it.

Morgan does not waste a roster spot. He doesn't make the 53 man roster until after training camp. If we cut him before then (or he loses his marbles, breaks his leg, or falls off a cliff), we lose nothing.

that is mentally challenged, morgan was drafted in like 01. i guess you think deuce is 100

I think he meant Schein and Wilcots are 80 years old !?!

I could see if they were both signed to long-term deals with a big chunk of guaranteed money, but Morgan on a 1-year deal is low-risk, high-reward. We could end up with a Pro Bowl-caliber LB if he's healthy. And even if he only plays 10 games, that's 10 games where Shanle isn't starting. I'll take it.

Adam and Solly are my favorites, hands down, whether on TV or Radio or Internet. I agree with most of what they say. From the players sides, it is bad signings; too much to risk. From the teams sides, it is a good signing; low risks. The only bad either Dallas or New Orleans can have is if the sit on their huanches with these signings at these positions. Dallas already has a corp of good LB's, and I am not sure what Zach's role is going to be. As far as us, Morgan should not be counted on to be the answer. If he works out, great, but we need to bring someone else in preferrably high in the draft like Rivers, especially if both DT's are gone.

They could have gone after more productive players in free agency and chose not to. There aren't many LBs in the league who have been less productive than Morgan over the last few years. Heck, there's a NYJ whose name escapes me who woulda been a better fit for this team who is available as a free agent.

They could have gone after more productive players in free agency and chose not to. There aren't many LBs in the league who have been less productive than Morgan over the last few years. Heck, there's a NYJ whose name escapes me who woulda been a better fit for this team who is available as a free agent.

Victor Hobson?

Adam and Solly are my favorites, hands down, whether on TV or Radio or Internet. I agree with most of what they say. From the players sides, it is bad signings; too much to risk. From the teams sides, it is a good signing; low risks. The only bad either Dallas or New Orleans can have is if the sit on their huanches with these signings at these positions. Dallas already has a corp of good LB's, and I am not sure what Zach's role is going to be. As far as us, Morgan should not be counted on to be the answer. If he works out, great, but we need to bring someone else in preferrably high in the draft like Rivers, especially if both DT's are gone.

absolutely agree about adam and solly. on the way back home from school or work, i can get pumped up just listening to these guys, especially schein. he brings so much energy into the conversation. without a question in my opinion, he is the best in the business.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom