Sirius XM NFL Opening Drive Taysom Convo (1 Viewer)

cue180

Pro-Bowler
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They were going on and on about players grumbling this week about Taysom starting. Did I miss it because I haven’t heard one player mention that or even hint at it. I did see schefters article but even that didn’t point to anything with the players.

It's all BS.

Schefter is becoming a joke like the rest of the clowns at ESPN. It was only a matter of time.

Seriously, did any of y'all believe that? That we had players that's been on this team having watched Taysom put in his hard work over the past 3 years and think this guy doesn't deserve his shot?

All I know is that on both Taysom TDS the first 2 celebrating with him were Thomas and Sanders. Those were the only 2 I’d be worried about. Taysom is a great person on and off the field and our team is filled with guys like that. I can’t imagine Jordan or Davis or other leaders not rallying the players around Hill. The Davis pregame chant was about Brees and you could hear Thomas in background like he was in church with Hill up front next to him.

TH earned his shot, straight up. Even if he would have failed, he still would have earned the right to play. If Payton wouldn't have given him a shot, he would have lost face, after talking him up as a potential starting QB. What the 'team' supposedly thinks isn't as important as the Coach's word.

I know Tampa is playing fine right now, but Arian's bringing in the waiting to psycho Brown after being on record as saying he would never do it is going the bite him hard even if it is successful. Because people will know he will say one thing and if the chips are down, do another.

In the end, you have to be straight with people and act according to what you say, bull******g people is not a long term plan to success in any situation.

You could convince me of a lot of things. What you can't convince me of is that this team wasn't 100% behind Taysom. The team absolutely loves the guy. That doesn't change just because he starts over a (now) journeyman QB who barely know the offense.

And I don't even think Winston is mad either. He's smart enough to know that if he sticks with Payton for two years, he'll end up signing a starter deal like Bridgewater.

The thing that every talking head I’ve seen so far has mentioned... Taysom Hill has never thrown a TD. They fail to mention the two that he should already have (dropped passes in the past)... and they don’t even show the ball to Manny Sanders that got called back.

Consider this too... Taysom Hill only threw 1 pass yesterday to Alvin Kamara (Kamara dropped what would’ve been a doomed screen).
Kamara was limited or DNP last week so maybe Taysom didn’t get the opportunity to get in sync with him... but once they get a little chemistry, that’s like adding another elite receiver to Taysom’s bag.

1st game vs Clowns that AK41 scored a TD in career... Also 1st game in AK41’s career that he didn’t catch at least 1 pass.

The story of disgruntled players, leading up to the game, sounding like drivel. All the Saints seemed very gruntled to me during the whole game.

That's awesome. I don't think I've heard anyone use just the word "gruntled" before, always the opposite with the "dis" predecessor.

Totally acceptable, just found it funny.

This is starting to feel like 2009. Where everything is coming together at the right time.
We are in the last quarter of the season and the defense is finally hitting its stride.

Taysom will get better. Once he gets the feels for it.

This could be a very special season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom