Sirius, XM, or Dish? (1 Viewer)

schrowa

Bond. James Bond
Reaction score
Here's the deal. I live in Austin and I am sick of not being able to hear WWL during the game. If I am not mistaken, I think I can get Sirius and hear WWL's coverage of the game, right? Does Dish also carry the local commentators? This is my primary concern. Is there another way to do this? I really don't care about satellite radio for any other reason as I use my iPod for everything else.

Here's the deal. I live in Austin and I am sick of not being able to hear WWL during the game. If I am not mistaken, I think I can get Sirius and hear WWL's coverage of the game, right? Does Dish also carry the local commentators? This is my primary concern. Is there another way to do this? I really don't care about satellite radio for any other reason as I use my iPod for everything else.

You hear the Saints Radio Network feed, with Jim & Hokie's announcing.

And IIRC, Sirius is on Dish. Not sure whether or not Dish carries all Sirius channels, or merely the music channels. I'd check out the Dish website, if I were you.

You hear the Saints Radio Network feed, with Jim & Hokie's announcing.

And IIRC, Sirius is on Dish. Not sure whether or not Dish carries all Sirius channels, or merely the music channels. I'd check out the Dish website, if I were you.

HouDat, are you saying you get the Saints Radio Network feed with Jim & Hokie on all three (Dish, IIRC, and Dish)?

... If I am not mistaken, I think I can get Sirius and hear WWL's coverage of the game, right? ....

As others have said, yes, you get the WWL feed for both home and away games (and all the other team feeds except Tennessee are carried on SIRIUS as well). The only "issue" with listening to the SIRIUS feed is that, at least for me, it's delayed (close to 15 seconds behind my cable signal). So if you are planning to mute the TV audio and listen to the SIRIUS audio, just be aware that you need some method of overcoming that delay. It's extremely easy to sync things up if you have a DVR, but if you have a setup without one, not exactly sure how you'd go about it...

I don't have any of this stuff, but the Serius and XM merger seems to be a done deal, so they should be the same feed by fall.

ddd

I have had Sirius for a few years, and I haven't touched my Ipod or 300 CD's. When in my truck, all I listen to is channel 124. Only exception is if I am driving at like midnight or 3am and they are replaying the show I heard on my way to work.

so how can i hear saints talk during the offseason??? do they have a show now? i always see some player interviews from wwl posted on here, i just always thought it was a local station that i couldnt hear in mo

I have had Sirius for a few years, and I haven't touched my Ipod or 300 CD's. When in my truck, all I listen to is channel 124. Only exception is if I am driving at like midnight or 3am and they are replaying the show I heard on my way to work.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I put one in my work truck as well. Plus lets not forget the the computer. Thats great also.

Listening right now.

so how can i hear saints talk during the offseason??? do they have a show now? i always see some player interviews from wwl posted on here, i just always thought it was a local station that i couldnt hear in mo

You can listen to WWL via their website...except for Saints and LSU games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom