SI's best dressed teams in sports (1 Viewer)

SoupOfDay

Reaction score
I've always thought the Saints had one of the best uniforms around...of course, we're not gonna get any love from SI ('cuz the Saints aren't in LA, NY or the NHL, apparently the only areas/groups with any decent uniforms). But you know someone on this list WANTED to vote for the Saints, judging by the beginning of the Boston Bruins' blurb (#15 out of 16 on the list). If those clowns are black and gold, I'm an illegal immigrant.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/

pick the link for "Best Dressed Teams".

P.S. this is my first ever SR.com post. first time poster, long time reader, etc.

Last edited:

49erKiller

I am 100% human
Reaction score
The Cubs, Bears & Bulls should probably be on that list. At least the Cubs and Bears, before the Browns, IMHO.

The Jeats and Giants might also get consideration, if I was making the list.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The "rookie watch" is a joke. They want to penalize Colston for playing in the "Saints system" yet glow over Addai. What about the Colts' system? And Young? Gimme a break!

blackngold4877

Very Banned
Reaction score
I've always thought the Saints had one of the best uniforms around...of course, we're not gonna get any love from SI ('cuz the Saints aren't in LA, NY or the NHL, apparently the only areas/groups with any decent uniforms). But you know someone on this list WANTED to vote for the Saints, judging by the beginning of the Boston Bruins' blurb (#15 out of 16 on the list). If those clowns are black and gold, I'm an illegal immigrant.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/

pick the link for "Best Dressed Teams".

P.S. this is my first ever SR.com post. first time poster, long time reader, etc.

They are black and gold and their franchise is more historic and means more to the NHL than the Saints mean to the NFL.

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The "rookie watch" is a joke. They want to penalize Colston for playing in the "Saints system" yet glow over Addai. What about the Colts' system? And Young? Gimme a break!
I'm not saying that Bush SHOULD be on the Rookie Watch List, but out of the top 10, he's not even there? That's a shocker just because of his popularity.

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
i wonder if the "author" of that knows what the fleur-de-lis represents.

i would have to throw the jags in there behind the saints, and the old seahawks unis

CAVALIER

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
It would be nice if oour front office recognized that other teams care about the look and update of the uniforms. We even got new uni's in the Army. I waiting for throwback days when I can come to work in a classic "grey" uniform Ha!

blotch1

All-Pro
Reaction score
Wow. The Brown's helmet really "conveys the team name".

Oh, wait. The name of the team is the Browns and the helmet is orange...

Stupid.

Well... since the Brown's name really has nothing to do with the color brown. Orange makes as much sense as anything else.

DrDaddyeaux

Chalmation Nation!
Reaction score
Well... since the Brown's name really has nothing to do with the color brown. Orange makes as much sense as anything else.
I have pitied Cleveland for so long and their NFL team doesn't do much to enhance that city's image, which , btw, is sort of a "no-image" situation anyway. If I've ever been to Cleveland, I sure don't recall it nor do I thing I've ever even just changed planes there. Just no reason to go there although I have met some folks who are 'from" Cleveland but for the life of me, I have no recollection of any interesting things eve mentioned as being associated with that city.

So, with that in mind, the name "browns" and the color "brown" seem very apportiate for a location that has so little to offer culturally, creatively, intellectually, or any other way for that matter. Maybe that's why they went with "Orange" instead of brown. Either way, it's a pointless town, team, color and subject of my response.

I'm OUT!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chopzley

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
haha, dang daddy-eaux went off on cleveland!!
i agree, what were the browns doing on that list? hands down the ugliest uniform/color combo of ANY professional team.

El Kapitan

Reaction score
I'd say in no particular order:

Notre Dame (football)
Michigan (football)
Colts
Bears
Cubs
Detroit Tigers
Celtics
Giants (Baseball)
Braves
Alabama (football)

SpinnerSaint

Parking's a real bear.
Reaction score
The colts uniforms are boring. Saints have the best uniforms, oakland, then Dallas. if you notice, the more symetric logos on the uniforms are, the better they look. IE how awful are the panthers unforms. LSU's uniforms are awesome too. I wonder if I'm being a homer, but i like the Lakers uniforms as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Early-season NFL QB awards: Best start, most improved, most nimble, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Best of luck the rest of the season, SaintsFans Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Sean Payton: Saints’ offense is “average at best” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Jon Gruden says he previously had COVID-19, is doing his best to wear a mask Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Best of luck tonight Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Best bets for MNF: Saints at Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
bonnjer Science nerds are the best Everything Else Board 4
Saint Kamara Is this the best combined Saints defense/special teams/kicking units of all time? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Saints remain one of the NFL’s best in Week 2 Power Rankings Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Jack Best Opening Day Games Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Andrus Wearing their Sunday best: Saints announce first uniform combo of 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
This is How Sean Payton's Teams Start - Unexplainable No Show Losses- In Great Seasons Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
NFL Teams are 294-3947 all-time when allowing 34 or more points, Look no further then the Defense Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
Payton refuses comment on Thomas injury, cites strength of special teams Saints RSS News Feeds 0
woohoosaint Congratulations Legatron for being named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
KingNene The Saints focus on Special Teams wins them ball games. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Thomas Morstead is NFC Special Teams Player of the Week after stellar Week 1 performance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints P Thomas Morstead wins NFC special teams player of the week for Week 1 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints punter Thomas Morstead NFC special teams player of the week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints defense & special teams keep offense in the game to beat Bucs 34–23 SR News Page Articles 0
Staff predictions: Which players, what teams will grab the headlines this NFL season? Saints RSS News Feeds 0