SI's best dressed teams in sports (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I've always thought the Saints had one of the best uniforms around...of course, we're not gonna get any love from SI ('cuz the Saints aren't in LA, NY or the NHL, apparently the only areas/groups with any decent uniforms). But you know someone on this list WANTED to vote for the Saints, judging by the beginning of the Boston Bruins' blurb (#15 out of 16 on the list). If those clowns are black and gold, I'm an illegal immigrant.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/

pick the link for "Best Dressed Teams".

P.S. this is my first ever SR.com post. first time poster, long time reader, etc.

Last edited:
Wow. The Brown's helmet really "conveys the team name".

Oh, wait. The name of the team is the Browns and the helmet is orange...

Stupid.

NO RESPECT!

/welcome to the forum

The Cubs, Bears & Bulls should probably be on that list. At least the Cubs and Bears, before the Browns, IMHO.

The Jeats and Giants might also get consideration, if I was making the list.

The "rookie watch" is a joke. They want to penalize Colston for playing in the "Saints system" yet glow over Addai. What about the Colts' system? And Young? Gimme a break!

I've always thought the Saints had one of the best uniforms around...of course, we're not gonna get any love from SI ('cuz the Saints aren't in LA, NY or the NHL, apparently the only areas/groups with any decent uniforms). But you know someone on this list WANTED to vote for the Saints, judging by the beginning of the Boston Bruins' blurb (#15 out of 16 on the list). If those clowns are black and gold, I'm an illegal immigrant.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/

pick the link for "Best Dressed Teams".

P.S. this is my first ever SR.com post. first time poster, long time reader, etc.

They are black and gold and their franchise is more historic and means more to the NHL than the Saints mean to the NFL.

Our uniforms could match, that would be a good start for me.

The "rookie watch" is a joke. They want to penalize Colston for playing in the "Saints system" yet glow over Addai. What about the Colts' system? And Young? Gimme a break!

I'm not saying that Bush SHOULD be on the Rookie Watch List, but out of the top 10, he's not even there? That's a shocker just because of his popularity.

i wonder if the "author" of that knows what the fleur-de-lis represents.

i would have to throw the jags in there behind the saints, and the old seahawks unis

It would be nice if oour front office recognized that other teams care about the look and update of the uniforms. We even got new uni's in the Army. I waiting for throwback days when I can come to work in a classic "grey" uniform Ha!

Wow. The Brown's helmet really "conveys the team name".

Oh, wait. The name of the team is the Browns and the helmet is orange...

Stupid.

Well... since the Brown's name really has nothing to do with the color brown. Orange makes as much sense as anything else.

Well... since the Brown's name really has nothing to do with the color brown. Orange makes as much sense as anything else.

I have pitied Cleveland for so long and their NFL team doesn't do much to enhance that city's image, which , btw, is sort of a "no-image" situation anyway. If I've ever been to Cleveland, I sure don't recall it nor do I thing I've ever even just changed planes there. Just no reason to go there although I have met some folks who are 'from" Cleveland but for the life of me, I have no recollection of any interesting things eve mentioned as being associated with that city.

So, with that in mind, the name "browns" and the color "brown" seem very apportiate for a location that has so little to offer culturally, creatively, intellectually, or any other way for that matter. Maybe that's why they went with "Orange" instead of brown. Either way, it's a pointless town, team, color and subject of my response.

I'm OUT!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha, dang daddy-eaux went off on cleveland!!
i agree, what were the browns doing on that list? hands down the ugliest uniform/color combo of ANY professional team.

I'd say in no particular order:

Notre Dame (football)
Michigan (football)
Colts
Bears
Cubs
Detroit Tigers
Celtics
Giants (Baseball)
Braves
Alabama (football)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom