Sit! Drew! (Update: Brees reportedly 'wants' to play) (2 Viewers)

Then what happens if you bring Drew and he loses a game or 2. All you have done is started a serious QB controversy. That would also put a stain on his legacy here as a Saint to me. If he replaces an undefeated Teddy, loses a couple games, we miss out on homefield advantage, I will always wonder what could of happened with Teddy. I don’t want to have those thoughts when I think about my beloved Drew Brees!!!

Now if Teddy struggles in a game, we get down by a good bit, or he loses a game, then I will feel just like y’all. Until that happens, we better roll with Teddy Two Gloves!!!
Teddy has struggled in numerous games. Our run game and defense has won us more games than he has. He's arguably won us 2 of the 5 this team has won so far. Even today, he struggled quite a bit. Murray probably earned the game ball today.

You are out of your mind if you think Bridgewater outperforms Brees. Bridgewater is nowhere near as talented as Brees is. You sit Brees for Bridgewater and you're creating a QB controversy. But continue thinking we should sit our record shattering QB because our middle of the road QB is winning games 13-6 or 12-10.

You simply don't sit Brees over Bridgewater. What happens if we go 15-1 and then we lose the first playoff game because Teddy can't keep up with a team that hangs 20 on us? You gonna send in a then rusty Drew Brees to make that epic come from behind victory that he always gets us? If that happens and he retires, I'd be far, far more let down because we were too dumb to start him, the greatest QB we've ever had by far, over a middle of the road starter.

Then what happens if you bring Drew and he loses a game or 2. All you have done is started a serious QB controversy. That would also put a stain on his legacy here as a Saint to me. If he replaces an undefeated Teddy, loses a couple games, we miss out on homefield advantage, I will always wonder what could of happened with Teddy. I don’t want to have those thoughts when I think about my beloved Drew Brees!!!

Now if Teddy struggles in a game, we get down by a good bit, or he loses a game, then I will feel just like y’all. Until that happens, we better roll with Teddy Two Gloves!!!

If Drew Brees is healthy and Coach refused to start him, you would absolutely lose the team and the fans. You can keep posting this ridculousness all you want, but it's so absurd I couldn't resist commenting any longer.

If he reinjures his hand because he played too soon it will hurt the team much more.
I think the idea here is that he isn’t being “rushed” back, at all. They’ve continually said he’s ahead of schedule. I like the idea of having him as the backup next week.

Teddy has struggled in numerous games. Our run game and defense has won us more games than he has. He's arguably won us 2 of the 5 this team has won so far. Even today, he struggled quite a bit. Murray probably earned the game ball today.

You are out of your mind if you think Bridgewater outperforms Brees. Bridgewater is nowhere near as talented as Brees is. You sit Brees for Bridgewater and you're creating a QB controversy. But continue thinking we should sit our record shattering QB because our middle of the road QB is winning games 13-6 or 12-10.

You simply don't sit Brees over Bridgewater. What happens if we go 15-1 and then we lose the first playoff game because Teddy can't keep up with a team that hangs 20 on us? You gonna send in a then rusty Drew Brees to make that epic come from behind victory that he always gets us? If that happens and he retires, I'd be far, far more let down because we were too dumb to start him, the greatest QB we've ever had by far, over a middle of the road starter.

Something you can say about Teddy is that the guy doesn’t make mistakes. Brees is much more willing to throw the ball into tight windows. With Brees not playing in 6 weeks and coming off of a new injury, I don’t think that it’s inconceivable that Bridgewater could be the better QB entering next week. Of course, Brees is the starter and I’m sure he’ll work through some rust, but I do suspect that there may be some rust.

Something you can say about Teddy is that the guy doesn’t make mistakes. Brees is much more willing to throw the ball into tight windows. With Brees not playing in 6 weeks and coming off of a new injury, I don’t think that it’s inconceivable that Bridgewater could be the better QB entering next week. Of course, Brees is the starter and I’m sure he’ll work through some rust, but I do suspect that there may be some rust.
No. Teddy makes mistakes. He doesn't catch blitzes like Brees does. He doesn't know how to maneuver in the pocket like Brees does. He doesn't process the field, pre and post snap, as fast or as efficiently as Brees does. He's always afraid to throw the ball. You don't see his mistakes because he throws them away or hangs onto them when he goes down in the backfield. Brees finds open receivers almost right after the ball is hiked. Not to mention he doesn't have ball placement anywhere close to what Brees has. Teddy is nowhere close to commanding enough to change plays at the LOS just by seeing how a defense is set up. These are the things that make Brees much better than Teddy. So yes, it's inconceivable to me that Bridgewater is better than Brees right now if Brees is 100%.

Brees may supposedly be rusty but he always starts a season off in spectacular fashion. I think this idea he could be rusty is overplayed. The only thing I'd be worried about is if the thumb is 100% healed and what happens if he lands on his hand wrong. If he has the same throwing ability he's always had, Brees is already better than Teddy and it's not even close.

And I'm not trying to knock Teddy, but we're making a comparison of an avg qb to quite possibly the best pocket passer to ever play the game.

My ideal situation would be that Teddy keeps winning. We have some really close wins against the Panthers, 49ers, & Colts. We lock up homefield advantage with two games left. Drew comes in, looks like the old Drew, and we keep him as the starter going into the playoffs. The longer we can win without Drew the better IMO.

No. Teddy makes mistakes. He doesn't catch blitzes like Brees does. He doesn't know how to maneuver in the pocket like Brees does. He doesn't process the field, pre and post snap, as fast or as efficiently as Brees does. He's always afraid to throw the ball. You don't see his mistakes because he throws them away or hangs onto them when he goes down in the backfield. Brees finds open receivers almost right after the ball is hiked. Not to mention he doesn't have ball placement anywhere close to what Brees has. Teddy is nowhere close to commanding enough to change plays at the LOS just by seeing how a defense is set up. These are the things that make Brees much better than Teddy. So yes, it's inconceivable to me that Bridgewater is better than Brees right now if Brees is 100%.

Brees may supposedly be rusty but he always starts a season off in spectacular fashion. I think this idea he could be rusty is overplayed. The only thing I'd be worried about is if the thumb is 100% healed and what happens if he lands on his hand wrong. If he has the same throwing ability he's always had, Brees is already better than Teddy and it's not even close.

And I'm not trying to knock Teddy, but we're making a comparison of an avg qb to quite possibly the best pocket passer to ever play the game.

Bridgewater doesn’t turn the ball over.He’s not near as talented as Brees but the turnover margin has been an enormous part of the Saints success. Brees could currently not be up to game speed and cause some turnovers that I don’t think Teddy would make. But I agree that you have to allow Brees to work off the rust at some point and it might as well be against the Cardinals or Falcons.

Bridgewater doesn’t turn the ball over.He’s not near as talented as Brees but the turnover margin has been an enormous part of the Saints success. Brees could currently not be up to game speed and cause some turnovers that I don’t think Teddy would make. But I agree that you have to allow Brees to work off the rust at some point and it might as well be against the Cardinals or Falcons.
With the poor / disappointing offensive showings compared to what we're used to seeing, I'd much rather have the occasional turnover Brees has vs the failed 3rd downs because Teddy is indecisive. I can say this: every game we've played this year with Bridgewater, you can most surely add at least another TD to that game if we had Brees, rust or not.

It comes to this: would you rather have a rusty Brees or today's Bridgewater if we need to go 75 yards with 2 mins left? Brees proved he can get it done in the only game he completed this year, which was game 1. I can't see a reason to worry about rust. You gauge that and ability with practice.

With the poor / disappointing offensive showings compared to what we're used to seeing, I'd much rather have the occasional turnover Brees has vs the failed 3rd downs because Teddy is indecisive. I can say this: every game we've played this year with Bridgewater, you can most surely add at least another TD to that game if we had Brees, rust or not.

It comes to this: would you rather have a rusty Brees or today's Bridgewater if we need to go 75 yards with 2 mins left? Brees proved he can get it done in the only game he completed this year, which was game 1. I can't see a reason to worry about rust. You gauge that and ability with practice.

i think it is a bit presumptuous to assume that the Brees we get when he returns will be the same Brees that beat the Texans week 1. I personally think that Bridgewater beats the Cardinals by 20. The only way the Saints lose that game is by turnovers.

We'll see what happens after he practices this week. I think that he should wait out this next game to make sure he's 100%.; maybe put him in a backup roll. As long as Bridgewater is winning why rush him back before the bye? It's just one game more.

We'll see what happens after he practices this week. I think that he should wait out this next game to make sure he's 100%.; maybe put him in a backup roll. As long as Bridgewater is winning why rush him back before the bye? It's just one game more.

If he's ready he's ready. I believe 1,000 percent that Drew wouldn't rush coming back and he's already said he wouldn't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom