Sit! Drew! (Update: Brees reportedly 'wants' to play) (1 Viewer)

What would you rather?

A. Drew comes in ASAP and isn’t quite 100% at 40 years old come playoff time

B. Teddy keeps winning, Drew comes in towards the end of the season, and Drew is completely 100% for our playoff run

C. Teddy keeps winning and wins us our second Super Bowl

I would take B cause I would like to see Drew get another ring and don’t want to risk him getting injured again if I don’t have to. He gives us the best chance to win another ring since he’s a future hall of famer.

I would almost take C cause that would mean without a doubt we would have the future franchise QB in Teddy with a chance at multiple rings at only 26.

Teddy and Drew have the same number of interceptions this year while one has won 5 games and the other only played a game & like a quarter of football. We have a winning formula going right now. We killing it in time of possession and keeping our defense well rested. Will coach keep that formula going with Drew at the helm? I have no idea and will Drew let him?

What would you rather?

B. Teddy keeps winning, Drew comes in towards the end of the season, and Drew is completely 100% for our playoff run

I would take B cause I would like to see Drew get another ring and don’t want to risk him getting injured again if I don’t have to. He gives us the best chance to win another ring since he’s a future hall of famer.

I would almost take C cause that would mean without a doubt we would have the future franchise QB in Teddy with a chance at multiple rings at only 26.

Teddy and Drew have the same number of interceptions this year while one has won 5 games and the other only played a game & like a quarter of football. We have a winning formula going right now. We killing it in time of possession and keeping our defense well rested. Will coach keep that formula going with Drew at the helm? I have no idea and will Drew let him?

Brees will be replacing Bridgewater as soon as the docs clear him. You need to accept this and make peace with this.

Just look at who is leading the pre-game huddles. Who did Demario Davis ask for permission to lead the pre-game huddle against the Seahawks? Who is leading them now?

Drew. Brees.

Even Bridgewater knows he is just a backup on this team. He's been a fine game manager and backup QB who is playing his way to a very nice payday next season, but on the Saints? This is Brees' squad until he retires.

Deal with it.

I don’t see how anyone can say Drew gives us the best chance to win right now. Out of all our wins this season, the one Drew won was the only game I thought we were gonna lose this season. We were down by 11 against Houston and haven’t been down that much all year with Teddy. Drew throws a pick on the second drive of that game.

The Cowboy game was close but I never thought we were gonna lose. The Jags game was close, but like the Cowboys game I never thought we would lose it either. The Seahawks & Bucs got garbage points to make it seem like the game was close.

The Rams game stunk. Drew throws a pick on the very first drive, so any momentum on the road goes to the waste side. We kept it close till the 4th quarter, but having Teddy coming off the bench killed any chance at winning that game on the road.

I don’t see how anyone can say Drew gives us the best chance to win right now. Out of all our wins this season, the one Drew won was the only game I thought we were gonna lose this season. We were down by 11 against Houston and haven’t been down that much all year with Teddy. Drew throws a pick on the second drive of that game.

The Cowboy game was close but I never thought we were gonna lose. The Jags game was close, but like the Cowboys game I never thought we would lose it either. The Seahawks & Bucs got garbage points to make it seem like the game was close.

The Rams game stunk. Drew throws a pick on the very first drive, so any momentum on the road goes to the waste side. We kept it close till the 4th quarter, but having Teddy coming off the bench killed any chance at winning that game on the road.
Our defense sucked against Houston. If our defense played like that against Dallas or Jacksonville, we'd be crucifying Teddy. Also, if you'd remember, we were plagued with offensive penalties that killed drives in that game as well. Brees 100% won that game for us. No way in hell would Teddy win that game in under a minute like Brees did. And that's okay to admit, because there's only maybe 3 or 4 QB's in the league who you'd have that kind of confidence in to win that game other than Brees.

Say all you want about the W-L column, everybody on this forum (except maybe you) knows that this offense is substantially better with Drew Brees under center.

2VzmC.gif

Dude. Seriously. Put the drugs down.

If he's ready he's ready. I believe 1,000 percent that Drew wouldn't rush coming back and he's already said he wouldn't.

Brees is a hyper-competitive person. This is a large part of what makes him great. Of course he wants to come back as soon as possible. That's his nature.

Hopefully Payton and he come together and make the right decision for that "caged animal" that has been pacing the sideline during games.

What would you rather?

You basically set up a scenario where Teddy would be our real starter, until suddenly he wouldn't. Then we would replace him with Brees, who would have been riding the pine nearly the whole season. Talk about a recipe for disaster. I trust Payton to evaluate QB talent, and if he thinks Brees is his best chance to win and if he thinks Brees is ready, then Brees should play. We have a luxury in that we know we have a battle tested backup in Teddy. Why create a QB controversy where there is none?

this post makes me want to close the thread

If I’m Teddy with zero losses as a starter and I get benched for literally no reason, I think I would be looking to go somewhere else after this season. But coach isn’t stupid, so I have no reason to think that will happen. There is no way Teddy gets benched if this team is not struggling & down by a lot in a game any time soon.

I doubt Drew would be selfish enough to want to come back if we keep winning with Teddy. I would have even more respect for Drew if he felt that way.

Newsflash!!………………...Unless Brees hangs it up after this season Bridgewater is playing somewhere else next season anyway!

When Brees is ready and the team and coaching staff are confident that he's 100% Bridgewater will hand the keys over to Brees with a smile on his face because no matter his record or stats he knows what his role or his place is with the team and he knew it going in.

Respect or not this is Brees's team and everyone knows it and I think Teddy is unselfish and smart enough to know that.

To me there is very little gray area here at all.

Pretty sure we said the same thing about Rankins. But what ends up happening. During a game earlier than expected they get a few snaps. No matter what, we need game time data on that thumb. Drew needs to feel that pocket pressure to make sure he's good under pressure. And every time Drew is in camera he got that dog look in his eye. Oh he playing next week. How long idk

Pretty sure we said the same thing about Rankins. But what ends up happening. During a game earlier than expected they get a few snaps. No matter what, we need game time data on that thumb. Drew needs to feel that pocket pressure to make sure he's good under pressure. And every time Drew is in camera he got that dog look in his eye. Oh he playing next week. How long idk
I am relatively certain that there will be some rust with Brees coming off the bench. The offense is used to Teddy's timing now. It will take a little bit to shake that rust off - and the only real way to shake it off is during a real game.

I would much rather shake that rust off vs. the Cardinals, instead of waiting for the divisional stretch, even at the cost of a possible "L" (which I don't think will happen). I trust the coaches, the medical staff, and of course Drew Brees!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom