Sit! Drew! (Update: Brees reportedly 'wants' to play) (1 Viewer)

No. But I’m saying Teddy is winning, the team is winning. The chemistry is off the charts. Irrespective of Drew....it’s a phenomenal thing. Drew is coming back-no question. But I believe, it should be when our winning streak is over. That’s just my opinion. Not trying to upset die-hands who disagree.
I don't know what games you were watching, but for half of the games we've been playing recently our offense has been wobbly at best.

You are eating paint chips if you think this offense is better under Teddy than it is under Brees. It has nothing to do with being a die hard fan of anything and everything to do with the fact that a 100% healthy Drew Brees will always give the Saints a better shot at winning than Bridgewater.

But yes, let's sit him until we lose. That loss would probably be deemed a game we'd otherwise win if Payton ignorantly sat a fully healthy Brees. How's that for "chemistry"?

So if Teddy wins out Breese Sits? He sits the playoffs? On what world do you see this happening cause it can’t be planet earth

Mine is simple. I would play Teddy until he loses or the bye week actually. What he is doing is extraordinary. It’s a 6 game win streak. I think after the bye you bring Drew back regardless.

We’ll see what happens...

I think if we use Drew as backup and he has to go in because things are going less than optimal for Teddy, that may be damaging to Teddy, both mentally in the moment and to his value at the end of the year. I'm no SP, but I would treat the ARZ game kinda like a preseason game. Start Drew with the understanding that he's only gonna play a couple series to shake the rust and Teddy can resume the game as usual. Then Drew is the understood starter against ATL. This way Drew gets some real game time, a bye week to process whether it went well or not, and Teddy doesn't have to feel like he was benched. It would be planned, not a punishment. I think Teddy would love to keep playing, but I think he also understands his role as backup and if the scenario plays out right, he won't feel slighted. He did his job and did it well, but it's Drew's turn.

Mine is simple. I would play Teddy until he loses or the bye week actually. What he is doing is extraordinary. It’s a 6 game win streak. I think after the bye you bring Drew back regardless.

We’ll see what happens...
So you think Teddy should start 1 more game, and that's it. Okay.

Yet if Drew is tearing it up in practice this week and everybody says he's ready, and Payton doesn't put him in, and Teddy bombs against the Cardinals, what happens to that chemistry?

I think if we use Drew as backup and he has to go in because things are going less than optimal for Teddy, that may be damaging to Teddy, both mentally in the moment and to his value at the end of the year. I'm no SP, but I would treat the ARZ game kinda like a preseason game. Start Drew with the understanding that he's only gonna play a couple series to shake the rust and Teddy can resume the game as usual. Then Drew is the understood starter against ATL. This way Drew gets some real game time, a bye week to process whether it went well or not, and Teddy doesn't have to feel like he was benched. It would be planned, not a punishment. I think Teddy would love to keep playing, but I think he also understands his role as backup and if the scenario plays out right, he won't feel slighted. He did his job and did it well, but it's Drew's turn.
Games aren't shaped around the ego of any one player. Teddy's self-esteem isn't the #1 priority of the organization. I love the guy, but we watch the Saints to see them win, we don't watch them to fix someone's emotional shortcomings.

Games aren't shaped around the ego of any one player. Teddy's self-esteem isn't the #1 priority of the organization. I love the guy, but we watch the Saints to see them win, we don't watch them to fix someone's emotional shortcomings.
Agreed. The goal is to win. I get that, but that doesn't make my point less valid. I don't think we want to repay Teddy for all his hard work by simply saying "Thanks for all those wins and way outplaying any expectations, but sit down and shut up."

Things are about to get tricky. As absurd as it sounds, Coach will try and hold this off as long as possible(probably after the bye) because he does not want to break the streak. On ther hand, no starter likes to see their backup doing well.

So you think Teddy should start 1 more game, and that's it. Okay.

Yet if Drew is tearing it up in practice this week and everybody says he's ready, and Payton doesn't put him in, and Teddy bombs against the Cardinals, what happens to that chemistry?

Glad you asked Paint Chips.

Drew is 40yrs old and would benefit from not having to be rushed back into the offense. This is huge IMO. If there were more on the line sure...maybe risk more. We don't have to do that. I'm not disputing it's not Drew's team. Quite the opposite, it is. Teddy is doing everything asked of him and getting better each week. Better than Drew....of course not. Good enough to win 6 NFL games in a row....Yes. In years past I thought we needed home-field advantage to get to a Superbowl. This is the first year that I don't think that way. I believe what makes this team scary is we can win anywhere. So, I think we should be smart when we transition Teddy and Drew.

Then what happens if you bring Drew and he loses a game or 2. All you have done is started a serious QB controversy. That would also put a stain on his legacy here as a Saint to me. If he replaces an undefeated Teddy, loses a couple games, we miss out on homefield advantage, I will always wonder what could of happened with Teddy. I don’t want to have those thoughts when I think about my beloved Drew Brees!!!

Now if Teddy struggles in a game, we get down by a good bit, or he loses a game, then I will feel just like y’all. Until that happens, we better roll with Teddy Two Gloves!!!
A controversy with who, the one guy seriously trying to argue for benching Drew? You bring dishonor to your avatar.

Teddy has struggled in just about EVERY game. Throws that should be 1 step 2 step 3 step throw, Teddy has to eye fork it, not trust it, scramble, then finally throw to the checkdown whom the defense, by now, is crashing down on.

Drew's mind works a little bit faster. There is zero hesitation, zero guessing. When his foot hits the back of his 3 step drop, he fires that forking pigskin because he knows what the hell he is doing. He's playing to win, not "not to lose".

Seriously, are you some falcon troll? You act like you've never seen a Drew Brees game and like Teddy Checkdown Two Gloves is the 2nd coming of Terrific Tom.

All medical personnel agree 100% this injury is NOT at risk for re-injure if Drew "comes back too fast". Let that sink in. Due to the nature of the repair performed, that injury won't occur again.

The question really is how well Drew grips the ball, how well he place "touch" on his passes. Simply, rushing back would effect accuracy and ball protection (short term).

That said, A Drew who is off on 25% of his throws, but 100% decisive, is much much better than the current Teddy we have who is off on 25% of his throws and 75% undecisive.

give him a few snaps knock some of the rust off. as long as the o-line is blocking. but you don't want anything to happen where someone falls on him or hits it and sets him back or worst.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom