Sit! Drew! (Update: Brees reportedly 'wants' to play) (2 Viewers)

On WWL this evening Strief said the fans that think Drew should sit even if he’s good to go have “the worst take ever.”
Strief and Christian Garic have been beating this drum since Wednesday evening's broadcasts. I think Garic had to stop himself a few times from telling callers "Drew is playing, get over it".

I don’t know, but this team has rallied around Teddy. We look a whole lot better the last 5 weeks than we did against Houston at home with Drew IMO. You don’t mess with what we have going on now until Teddy struggles & we either get down by a ton of points or he loses a game.

We just went into Chicago without Kamara and dominated the game. You don’t mess with the hot hand and any coach will tell you that.
This has to be a joke right? As if everything we’ve seen from Drew since ‘06 is suddenly erased. Look not to take anything away from Teddy but he had two really good games. The other three weren’t so hot. Those two games represent what we expect from Drew and if Drew played the way Teddy did in the other three we would all be completely shocked. This defense has kept us in games we should have lost. In fact when was the last time Drew lead a 16th ranked offense since ‘06? The answer is never. Unless Drew’s thumb falls off, he needs to play. Under your Logic, Kamara shouldn’t return either.

Strief and Christian Garic have been beating this drum since Wednesday evening's broadcasts. I think Garic had to stop himself a few times from telling callers "Drew is playing, get over it".

All of them have said it...Kristian, Bobby, Deuce, Strief. If Drew feels like he's ready to go he's playing.

I don't think you could convince anybody on that team, including Teddy, that it'd be the right move to play Bridgewater if Brees is 100%

If Brees played today, I'd be willing to bet we hang 50 on them.
No way he is 100%. Maybe 90%. Maybe 80%. And that’s the debate. If he is clearly 100%, this debate does not exist.

Can you provide something showing he cant throw the deep ball? Also, what do you consider a deep ball? How many deep shots are taken? What is the defense doing? Are they playing high safety? Should you force a deep ball or take what the defense gives? How many deep balls has Teddy thrown and completed? What is the completion % of those completed in correlation to other NFL teams? You are a troll.
You are too kind.

No way he is 100%. Maybe 90%. Maybe 80%. And that’s the debate. If he is clearly 100%, this debate does not exist.
Where are we now? Do we feel like in retrospect that the public was kept in the dark a bit about the true progress of Drew's rehab?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom