Sit! Drew! (Update: Brees reportedly 'wants' to play) (1 Viewer)

I don’t know, but this team has rallied around Teddy. We look a whole lot better the last 5 weeks than we did against Houston at home with Drew IMO. You don’t mess with what we have going on now until Teddy struggles & we either get down by a ton of points or he loses a game.

We just went into Chicago without Kamara and dominated the game. You don’t mess with the hot hand and any coach will tell you that.

Defense, OL/DL, and Murray dominated. Teddy had a pretty good game. But we're nowhere near a quarterback controversy.

Sean said that if he could go he would make him the backup. That would allow them to use Hill at TE
If he is close and throwing well sit him until totally 100% and ready to tear it up.

If we went by some of your logic the Patriots may have not won that first super bowl. Drew Bledsoe wasn’t a slouch at QB by any means and seen as the bonafide starter in New England. Tom Brady was winning games, so they kept Drew on the sideline. Teddy was seen as a way better QB than Brady at the times they replaced their starting QBs. Brady was a 6th round pick with no starts or wins under his belt unlike Teddy.

I know Brees is better than Bledsoe, but he’s 40 and hasn’t been throwing a real game ball for weeks since his freaking throwing hand is hurt not his knee. He’s gonna be rusty for sure. If we can, I rather him get quite a few weeks of practice under his belt before coming into a game.

9 years with the Patriots and Bledsoe only had 4 years with more Toucdowns than Interceptions. He was no Drew Brees...and Teddy is no Tom Brady.

Teddy should be a shoe in for comeback player of the year, but that might not be the case if he gets benched with a 6-0 or better record. I can’t believe it’s even a discussion to bench Teddy if he’s still undefeated. That’s insanity IMO.

how many of those crucial 1st downs we got today would Drew ran for??

Teddy should be a shoe in for comeback player of the year, but that might not be the case if he gets benched with a 6-0 or better record. I can’t believe it’s even a discussion to bench Teddy if he’s still undefeated. That’s insanity IMO.

Is he eligible for comeback player of the year? This is his 3rd year back he just hasn't been starting.

There isn’t a reason to rush him back. I get having him as a backup so Hill returns to his normal role. But I think an extra two weeks of rest will do him good. It’d be terrible to go out and reaggravate the injury for no real reason. We have the luxury of not being rushed. Remember when we were praying for 3-3 during Brees’ absence ?

I don’t know, but this team has rallied around Teddy. We look a whole lot better the last 5 weeks than we did against Houston at home with Drew IMO. You don’t mess with what we have going on now until Teddy struggles & we either get down by a ton of points or he loses a game.

We just went into Chicago without Kamara and dominated the game. You don’t mess with the hot hand and any coach will tell you that.
How many games has Teddy come back to win when we were down with less than a minute to go? Brees performed better in that Texas game than any game Teddy has played in, except maybe against the crappy Bucs who had their #1 CB dq'd. Teddy has been decent to good on average. Brees is one of the best to ever play the game.

Sitting a healthy Brees in favor Teddy simply because we're winning games is insane. This offense has been, on average, bottom half in the league going into this game. If you haven't noticed, it's our defense that's been clamping teams down lately.

If we're gonna play that game, how many first downs have we left on the field this year because Teddy held onto the ball too long or he doesn't have Drew's accuracy? How many times has a rush come through because he can't read a blitz as well as Brees? How many times has he audibled into a TD?

Teddy is winning because we have a damn good team. You don't just bench HoF all time great Drew freaking Brees because our backup is a middle of the road starter on a killer team.

If I’m Teddy with zero losses as a starter and I get benched for literally no reason, I think I would be looking to go somewhere else after this season. But coach isn’t stupid, so I have no reason to think that will happen. There is no way Teddy gets benched if this team is not struggling & down by a lot in a game any time soon.

I doubt Drew would be selfish enough to want to come back if we keep winning with Teddy. I would have even more respect for Drew if he felt that way.

If we're gonna play that game, how many first downs have we left on the field this year because Teddy held onto the ball too long or he doesn't have Drew's accuracy? How many times has a rush come through because he can't read a blitz as well as Brees? How many times has he audibled into a TD?

Teddy is winning because we have a damn good team. You don't just bench HoF all time great Drew freaking Brees because our backup is a middle of the road starter on a killer team.

Who has a better record as a Saints QB?Stats are stats, but winning is all that matters. We would be the first team in the history of sports to bench a player that hasn’t lost a game as a starter.

I trust Coach, and I don't think we can underestimate Arz.

If I’m Teddy with zero losses as a starter and I get benched for literally no reason, I think I would be looking to go somewhere else after this season. But coach isn’t stupid, so I have no reason to think that will happen. There is no way Teddy gets benched if this team is not struggling & down by a lot in a game any time soon.

I doubt Drew would be selfish enough to want to come back if we keep winning with Teddy. I would have even more respect for Drew if he felt that way.

It's not a benching. He's the backup filling in for the starter. He's gotten us by but he's no Drew Brees. He's not in the same stratosphere as Drew Brees. It'll be great for him if he gets a starting job somewhere next year. I don't think he will though. I think he's going to be back here as the backup again next year.

Hey Latavius Murray is undefeated as the starting running back. Should we sit Kamara when he's healthy?

Who has a better record as a Saints QB?Stats are stats, but winning is all that matters. We would be the first team in the history of sports to bench a player that hasn’t lost a game as a starter.
How many times was someone of Drew's caliber the one coming back?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom