Site Board looks great but a few tweaks are need here ya go. (1 Viewer)

dninc

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Site Board looks great but a few tweaks are needed, here ya go.

Everything looks great, of course you can't please everyone because they don't like change.

This change actually looks like it was for the better, the server is dramatically faster, but the real test will be sunday when traffic picks up, so far it's moving faster than i would have thought it would with so much being rendered on a fresh server so fast..

Anyway here we go with the tweaks..
At the bottom of each thread is " Previous Thread : Next Thread "
the font needs to be changed to something lighter as the black font is matching the black background.

Next is on the main boards right under the gold graphic where the "new thread" button is sitting on top of it, has forum tools and search this forum.
There's a black graphic with text in it " Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
" These are all black and are hidden in the background, should be changed to a lighter color..

Next tweak "not very important for regulars" but for anyone thats new it would help for the top buttons that are Acronymed "SSF" "EE" "FF" "TECH" to have an "Alt Text" for them so when you move your mouse over them the full name of that button is discribed..

Other than that, the board is sleek, fast and to the point as i love boards, and i like the new of addition of the Reputation points i also like that the board has no Flash animations on it to bog the server down, so this helps you Webmasters out a tad of having to disable that image everytime the server slows down, i have a feeling that one thing helped contribute to the board slow rendering at peek times.

Nice Job Webmasters. Everything looks great and is very fast..

Last edited:
I think the board layout should change to white when the Saints are on the road and change to black when the Saints are at home.

Just a thought.
Everything does in fact look sweet!!!!
Everybody who's complaining look at it this way...you fell in love with SR.com once, figure out the new layout and fall in love with it again!!!
Thanks Andrus, I love you again.

I think the board layout should change to white when the Saints are on the road and change to black when the Saints are at home.

Just a thought.
Everybody who's complaining look at it this way...you fell in love with SR.com once, figure out the new layout and fall in love with it again!!!

I WOULD say that sounds a lil picky but if it could happen i like that idea

Just a thought.

Personally it would be better for andrus and whoever else is working on the site to upload 2 or more Templates and allow users to choose the template they desire, This would close all discussions on color recommendations and complaints.

Personally it would be better for andrus and whoever else is working on the site to upload 2 or more Templates and allow users to choose the template they desire, This would close all discussions on color recommendations and complaints.

Yes but it's a real bear managing hacks and upgrades with multiple templates as many require updating each template individually.

Everything looks great, of course you can't please everyone because they don't like change.

This change actually looks like it was for the better, the server is dramatically faster, but the real test will be sunday when traffic picks up, so far it's moving faster than i would have thought it would with so much being rendered on a fresh server so fast..

Anyway here we go with the tweaks..
At the bottom of each thread is " Previous Thread : Next Thread "
the font needs to be changed to something lighter as the black font is matching the black background.

Next is on the main boards right under the gold graphic where the "new thread" button is sitting on top of it, has forum tools and search this forum.
There's a black graphic with text in it " Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
" These are all black and are hidden in the background, should be changed to a lighter color..

Next tweak "not very important for regulars" but for anyone thats new it would help for the top buttons that are Acronymed "SSF" "EE" "FF" "TECH" to have an "Alt Text" for them so when you move your mouse over them the full name of that button is discribed..

Other than that, the board is sleek, fast and to the point as i love boards, and i like the new of addition of the Reputation points i also like that the board has no Flash animations on it to bog the server down, so this helps you Webmasters out a tad of having to disable that image everytime the server slows down, i have a feeling that one thing helped contribute to the board slow rendering at peek times.

Nice Job Webmasters. Everything looks great and is very fast..

I think the brightness and contrast of your monitor needs to be adjusted, because the black fonts show up fine on the gray background for me.

Excellent recomendation Dninc ! I am on other forums and that is a very good feature. I actually think a LITTLE more color to the layout would make this site perfect. I think there is just too much white/light grey in the background that it makes the site look a little dull.

The Format is Perfect to me and a huge improvement. I just think maybe a layout with a Very LIGHT GOLD background would be a nice touch.

I think the brightness and contrast of your monitor needs to be adjusted, because the black fonts show up fine on the gray background for me.

Well i can see it, but im concerned others wont notice it's there, the Dark tent color of the background kinda hides it, you have to really be looking for it to see that it's there.. But yeah i know it's there i see it, but it's notta big deal, i don't think anybody ever pays much attention or clicks those links anyway.

Yes but it's a real bear managing hacks and upgrades with multiple templates as many require updating each template individually.

Very true, i run a few boards www.aspectofunity.net (for world of warcraft)
www.jumpoff.co.nr (urban community) and a few others i co moderate.
and yes it's is kinda hard on the servers and feature hacks, some templates don't recognize some features and it's fustrating sometimes, we managed to get 3 Templates on each site working with everything after tweaking for a few weeks with it.
And god forbid we update the Vbullentin boards when they release a new version, we did that recently with the upgrade we have now with the 3.6 gold and nothing worked with the new templates.

So yeah it was just an idea, this board is constantly going with over 200 average amount of visits so i didn't think you'd take that Template changing offer up, worth a try :) lol

How do I get it to play Led Zeppelin in the background and make me a sandwich?

Happy Peanuts Soar over chocolate-colored waterfalls and mountaintops of caramel, prancing nougat in the meadows sings a song of satisfaction to the world

The world...

That's right the world.

In all seriousness, the thread looks fantastic. Its like getting a new car or building a new house. It looks more modern in the everchanging lanscape of websites. I am happy to see Reggie and Drew up top, but I miss Deuce up there. I just wish I could download a fleur de lis somewhere to use as the pointer for my mouse. It would be perfect every time I come here. I especially love the rate thread feature. I started a few threads, wrote lengthy thoughts (probably too lengthy!), but received few replies in the past. At least this is a way to give feedback without saying something someone else already said.

If this could double as the "request for distant future hacks" thread, my request would be for this:

Allow the users to set a default in color and fonts for their posts rather than having to select them each post. The new bonus editor is fantastic and I'd urge everyone who cares to check out the features you get and how easy they are to use. One good thing is you don't have to type your text into a text box, you can just highlight and click for now (already much easier).

Thanks btw. The site is phenominal.

TPS

How do I get it to play Led Zeppelin in the background and make me a sandwich?

Marry it.

Anyways, I like it. Its going to take some time to get used to but most everything that gets upgraded does.

Great job for all those that did this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom