Sitting on the porch when it’s raining (2 Viewers)

I don't doubt it. But i am yet to see snow in my lifetime (unless you count when it snowed for 1 hour on new years one time in lafayette)
It doesnt.

Every put your bed on the porch in the rain?
Always lived in a 1-story house but up the street had a friend who lived in a 2-story double house (can't think of the right term right now) with a balcony off her bedroom. It was fun to grab blankets and sheets and sleep out on the porch with only bugs to worry about (as opposed to any predators we may deal with sleeping outside on the ground). Always wanted to have one as an adult where you could bug proof it but still have the pleasure of sleeping outside.

Snow can be so nice. Especially at night. If it's coming down heavy it mutes the sound so that everything is so quiet.

It's very serene

I got Guillain Barre in late 2000. My first day out of the hospital was New Years Eve and it snowed that night in Tickfaw (near Hammond)

I had my family set me up in a chair wrapped in a heavy quilt outside and let it snow on me. The sense that the worst was over, the quiet, and the serenity is one of my favorite memories in my life

It's very serene

I got Guillain Barre in late 2000. My first day out of the hospital was New Years Eve and it snowed that night in Tickfaw (near Hammond)

I had my family set me up in a chair wrapped in a heavy quilt outside and let it snow on me. The sense that the worst was over, the quiet, and the serenity is one of my favorite memories in my life

It can be downright therapeutic.

Case in point. My much awaited vacation to Belize was supposed to be last week. For some reason, international travel was cancelled and we couldn't go.

So booked a cabin, on the river, in the Blue Ridge mountains of northern Georgia. Upon arriving the skies were grey. Long thunder was rumbling in the distance. The Mrs and I decided to move our happy hour from river side to the wrap around, covered porch overlooking the river. Then the storm came.

Heavy rains pounding the roof. Rains bending the leaves down randomly, like keys of a piano being pressed. Limbs and trees swaying to nature's music. The roar of the river singing to you. The mist of the rain caressing your face. The smell of rain and mountain air to complete the experience for your senses.

And there we were, enjoying the Silence of Society.

No Covidiots. No death and dying. No protests. No police brutality videos. No corrupt politicians. No politicizing facial cloth. No economic depression. All while rocking in wooden rocking chairs with cocktails in hand.

After working in the hospital, this was the mental decompression we needed. Top ten? Easily. Right behind hookers and blow.

Case in point. My much awaited vacation to Belize was supposed to be last week. For some reason, international travel was cancelled and we couldn't go.

So booked a cabin, on the river, in the Blue Ridge mountains of northern Georgia. Upon arriving the skies were grey. Long thunder was rumbling in the distance. The Mrs and I decided to move our happy hour from river side to the wrap around, covered porch overlooking the river. Then the storm came.

Heavy rains pounding the roof. Rains bending the leaves down randomly, like keys of a piano being pressed. Limbs and trees swaying to nature's music. The roar of the river singing to you. The mist of the rain caressing your face. The smell of rain and mountain air to complete the experience for your senses.

No Covidiots. No death and dying. No protests. No police brutality videos. No corrupt politicians. No politicizing facial cloth. No economic depression. All while rocking in wooden rocking chairs with cocktails in hand.

After working in the hospital, this was the mental decompression we needed. Top ten? Easily. Right behind hookers and blow.
Post of the day

People would spend a lot of money if they would be guaranteed that exact same scenario.

i would absolutely love that

edit: but you left out the part where you had a drink in your hand

Growing up we lived in an old house on the beach and it had no A/C. My brother and I lived upstairs and during the summer the entire house was wide open, with ceiling and box fans on. My brother and I slept on the upper porch , we each had a cot and a hammock to sleep. We would pray for a summer squall to roll in off the Sound at night to blow a mist on us to cool us down. We got used to sleeping in the damp. To this day I still have a cot on my back porch and sleep out and pray for a squall to roll in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom