Sitton may visit Saints [Update: Signed with Bears] (2 Viewers)

well for what it is worth I did read some random comment from some website that mentioned he had back issues. So maybe GB thought his wheels were about to fall off. Kind of like how NE cuts or trades vets right before they rapidly decline.

So many people don't remember the decades of mediocrity and terrible play followed by trotting out the same product next year with little to no changes made; the Mora years, Ditka's, and Haslett's come to mind. This FO has a history of making huge free agent signings and trades to try to improve. A bunch haven't worked out, and we didn't get every free agent we wanted, but we tried. Look at the falcons- what have they done in the last decade in the way of free agents and trades? Please try to be happy that we are willing to try and address problems, as that has not been the norm for this club in years past.

I respect the fact that they are making moves now to try and fix the problem. At least they are trying.

Yea but that stat doesn't mean I'm wrong. I argued that our line was in trouble after the draft, that Peat didn't look like a natural guard and we had two back up guards in Kelemente and Lelito and got nothing but the red thumbs then. But was told that all our udfa's guards would step up to start or hold it down.

But there sure is a lot of *****ing and panic now after 4 preseason games and everyone seems to be on board with what I was saying then, including mike detellier.....

If you not pumping blind faith sunshine in here you get red thumbed, I'm just a realist...

I respect those that keep it real. One thing I learned is that when you keep it real, it's not always popular around here.

I almost wish the Browns would of never cut Kruger now. I think we blew our load on him, so we couldn't sign a guy of Sitton's caliber for the O-line. Him being cut came out of left field though and we likely didn't think an O-lineman the caliber football player of Paul Kruger would of came available. I think our guard position needed to be strengthen more than defensive end. But saying that, I'm really excited to see what Paul Kruger can bring to the pass rush. I just hope Sitton doesn't go to Chicago and is still playing at an All Pro level.

Are you being purposefully obtuse?

Quote A - He went to Chicago first, that has nothing to do with cap space. Logistically, assuming he lives/ed in Green Bay, Chicago is a just long car ride. New Orleans is on the other side of the country. Also, he gets to play his former team 2x/year for 3 year now, which may be a factor. Had he come here first, he'd be here. If signing Norman was on the table, this was as well (financially).

Quote B - Where is your inside knowledge the Packers attempted to trade Sitton? You're making totally baseless accusations and running with them as if they were fact because they fit your narrative. He is an adult, and he can sign where he wants. Just because it's not what you wanted doesn't make it any less true.

As far as a potential trade goes... Any team who wanted him once he hit free agency would likely give a draft pick to not have to bid on his services. However, he was also on the last year of his contract. This means if he didn't want to be there, you traded off a draft pick for one year of service, on a player who didn't want to be there. GMs have to consider that.

Again, what trade? Stop making crap up because something didn't go the way you wanted.

It was widely reported that the Packers would cut Sitton if they could not trade him before the 53 roster deadline. Where have you been? And I mentioned him playing the Pack twice as also being a factor. My argument was with the person that said neither our or the Bears salary cap situation had no part in his decision....

You don't think any player that was cut yesterday could have been traded? You don't think a team would rather a free 6th or 7th rounder instead of a hand full of poo?

If you had an older busted up tv and want to upgrade to a newer version, guess you would rather put it by the road and turn down $20 someone offers you....

Also it doesn't matter what he wants, he's under contract and had to report or retire. It happened to Jake Plummer a few years ago. If he's looking for a big payday it's highly unlikely he's just gonna retire at 30. And if he does, well guess what, we in the same position we are in today, a big hole at guard....

I respect those that keep it real. One thing I learned is that when you keep it real, it's not always popular around here.

Thank you but it's the truth. If you critical or call the fo out, red thumb city. I liked the Kruger signing and I think he has some juice left and came at a good price. But we had two shots to get a vet pass blocking guard that could have solidified our line and the fo blew it. I think Slauson would have been the better get as he would only have cost around 2 million a year range. Sitton would have been nice but I knew it wasn't happening with our cap situation and Chicagos.

So frustrating to miss out on Sitton, especially for what he signed with the Bears. That would have solidified the position for 3 years at a reasonable salary. With the news of the negotiations with Brees, we should have been able to create the needed space.

So frustrating to miss out on Sitton, especially for what he signed with the Bears. That would have solidified the position for 3 years at a reasonable salary. With the news of the negotiations with Brees, we should have been able to create the needed space.

Very disheartening to lose out on Sitton. Sitton would have at least given the o-line a chance to be decent.

cowboy-riding-off-into-the-sunset.gif

For 7 million/yr, the Bears can have Josh Sitton

I'm glad we didn't try to outbid them if they're willing to pay him that much. The thought of getting him was nice, but that's a lot of cash for a guy that just got cut and is 30+ years old.

I'm glad we didn't try to outbid them if they're willing to pay him that much. The thought of getting him was nice, but that's a lot of cash for a guy that just got cut and is 30+ years old.

To be fair, he was cut because of a contract dispute, or something like that. It wasn't because of his lack of ability.

To be fair, he was cut because of a contract dispute, or something like that. It wasn't because of his lack of ability.

I know, but it's fresh in my memory how quickly JahrI Evans declined after hitting his 30's and they signed him for 3 yrs at 7/per. 10 million guaranteed means he's gotta be good to north of 33 yrs old, or dead money for the signing team if they cut him. We have too much dead money to gamble that imo.

I am mad we didn't get him also . But he got basically the same contract we just have Max Unger , they didn't over pay

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom