Situational football and Jameis Winston (1 Viewer)

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
1st and goal at the 4.

Play action and you take a sack?

Jameis, it's first down son. Throw the ball away. Live for another down.

And I'm not sure about y'all, but I think of the worst everytime he goes back to pass.

Luckily, Drew WILL be back next week.

That was a mess.

Winston did great when throwing to Kamara, but got hesitant when trying to throw into double coverage to Thomas. I think he was overthinking of becoming predictable to Thomas, instead of just getting him the ball. Really just scared to throw interceptions. With a full gameplan in practice, he has to trust Thomas will make the tough catch like Thomas has his whole career with Brees.

Your a professional QB who's been in that situation? Thrust in when the starter goes down...jitters and nervousness, wanting to make a play for your team on a quick play that that was covered well.

Hindsight criticism is not football knowledge nor a sign of intelligence in the the world outside football.

Everyone is right when they can see what YOU did wrong.

He threw a pass over the middle and another across his body that had me cringing. Maybe he will be better with a game plan.
I would like to think so, but this is who he is.

The near interception that could have gotten SF within 7 with over 5-6 minutes to go. Egad. What are you doing?

Carrying the ball carelessly near the goal line.

1st Saints game with real action. If needed, let’s give him a week to practice and be in the game plan.
Remember, Teddy had a tough time when he came in for Drew last year, but things got better.
He's not playing next week.

Ball security when closing out the game is also part of situational football but oh well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom