Six Flags New Orleans in 2016 (1 Viewer)

MC HIPPY

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Here's a link to some footage recently shot of our abandon Six Flags. It's pretty eerie and still looks post apocalyptic. I'm amazed it hasn't been torn down or rebuilt by now. I wonder if any of those rides could even be salvaged at this point. Do you guys think New Orleans could support a theme park at this point? I loved going years ago because there were never any lines. I guess that's why they didn't rebuild.

Haunting aerial footage of New Orleans theme park abandoned since Hurricane Katrina | Local News - Home

Is that place fenced off? Are there crack heads darting around hiding behind bushes? I'd love to walk around that place with my camera.

There's a group that's pretty close to purchasing the land, and they plan on building a theme & water park.
This group has been pretty persistent over the years, but the city has been very stubborn.

Jazzland

https://www.facebook.com/JazzlandPark/?fref=ts

Sounds awesome! I just hope the city can properly support it if it happens. Maybe our local Mr Burns, aka Tom Benson, could purchase it and incorporate the Saints and Pelicans into it.

Someone snuck in a couple of years ago and shot pictures on the ground and it was pretty stark. It looks like those pictures were all shot from a drone.

Still, that was always a pretty terrible place for that sort of a property. It isn't close to anything else, and they did very little for shade or to mitigate the heat, sun, and rain of a New Orleans sun. Plus for all the land out there, it didn't seem very big.

I liked the plan of putting a world class baseball/recreation complex out there, but I think without other things out there (and it's elevation issues), it's not really a good site for that or much else, either.

Someone snuck in a couple of years ago and shot pictures on the ground and it was pretty stark. It looks like those pictures were all shot from a drone.

Still, that was always a pretty terrible place for that sort of a property. It isn't close to anything else, and they did very little for shade or to mitigate the heat, sun, and rain of a New Orleans sun. Plus for all the land out there, it didn't seem very big.

I liked the plan of putting a world class baseball/recreation complex out there, but I think without other things out there (and it's elevation issues), it's not really a good site for that or much else, either.

That was always the puzzling thing about the park. Why they would build it in that location is puzzling. There never appeared to be any plan to build an infrastructure around it, so it was simply a park in a terrible location. This city desperately needs a quality theme park, but have never been able to bring on. Part of it is the disgusting political atmosphere of this city. Everyone has a hand out. Heck, this former park is basically a dangerous wasteland, yet the city keeps trying to get tens of millions of dollars for it from limited interested parties instead of selling and letting someone develop and build a tax base.

Never been and for a good reason. When I was in school, I was able to look over the blueprints for the park and the contractor even said he wouldn't go. That park was sinking an inch a year and that's not what you want when riding roller coasters.

Looks like plenty of shade trees there now, can remember going there one summer, the heat was brutal and the only shade was the shade sails that were put up as an after thought.

I went there once back in 04 and I can't remember any issues with the heat. I believe the folks who are buying the property will try to fix the heat issue if that's a concern for visitors.

It appears that the city is playing hard ball because they've attempted to do everything with that property except bring the theme park back. Everything else has failed.

I went there once back in 04 and I can't remember any issues with the heat. I believe the folks who are buying the property will try to fix the heat issue if that's a concern for visitors.

It appears that the city is playing hard ball because they've attempted to do everything with that property except bring the theme park back. Everything else has failed.

I think the biggest issue, as was mentioned earlier, is the land itself. That's all swamp land out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom