Six To Nine Games. That’s All The League Needs (1 Viewer)

build a time machine, go back to march, everyone wears a mask and physically distances
then have a full season

a full (or any) season with the way we are behaving now is just as likely as the time machine scenario

No. Steroids, both inhaled and IV, have both been used against COVID. Inhaled steroids do not help and can make the infection worse. IV steroids are being used every day, on almost every patient admitted to a hospital that can get them. Steroids are a drug of acute interest with COVID, and believe me, medical people are working their behinds off 24/7 to figure out if they are beneficial. Every day. All day.

As for zinc, it also is being used all over the nation. Vitamin C is the other dietary additive that be being tried aggressively.

There is no way on earth that vaccine companies are putting a stop to that. Put that out of your mind. I know this with 100% certainly because I have seen it myself.

So, to answer your question, the "cure" you are talking about is not a cure, and it is being used, all day, every day, in every hospital, nursing home, medical facility. It is being tried. We don't know how much it helps. Some say more, some say less.

But medicine is not pulling any punches. Period. Politicians may not be doing everything they can, but medical people are pouring their blood, sweat, and tears into this.
That's not what I saw according to a doctor in Texas. He had nothing but praise for his steroid treatment.

Considering how historically slow the Saints start seasons I would say that is a very bad idea. They need every game possible. IMO

The planning would have had to started a month or two ago, but the best chance for a season IMO would have been a bubble strategy with either 6 or 10 games and no fans.

2 “bubbles” for each conference, 2 divisions per bubble. Each bubble location would need the hotel infrastructure to keep teams, staff, refs, etc in a “quarantine” situation for the duration of the season along with at least 3 viable stadiums.

Teams can enter their bubble with a 90 man roster, but would still have game day limits and cannot add players within the season.

Either a 1 preseason+6 game regular season format with teams playing their 3 division opponents twice and having 2 “ bye weeks” between each game, or a 10 regular season game format with teams playing their 3 division opponents twice, their 4 cross bubble opponents once, and having one “bye week” between each game.

Bubbles could be staggered so there are games each week from 8/13/20 till 2/4/21 and the league could still fulfill all their contractual obligations for Thursday, Sunday, and Monday games.

Playoffs run on the regular schedule but with no bye for any team. The first round occurring in the regular season bubbles with the 1st place team of each division hosting the 2nd place team in the other division within the bubble.(yes that is a 16 team playoff.

2nd round through Super Bowl could switch to the south Florida bubble.

My personal opinion, play half a season, 8 games. Structure it where there are games every week, but stagger them where teams play a week, then have a week off. Let NFC and AFC play in alternating weeks. That way there are no scheduling conflicts, each team can play 6 conference games and 2 others based on the harder/easier schedule thing they like to do.

This was pretty much the schedule that I came up with also. Each team plays once every two weeks. Half the league plays each week, staggered games. Each division plays just division games for their first 6 games. Then each division team plays the same ranked division team in the other three divisions in their conference. Then FOUR teams from each conference play in playoffs with teams ranked only based on overall schedule. "Season" would be 18 total weeks of 9 games per team. Playoffs start two weeks after last game.

2 “bubbles” for each conference, 2 divisions per bubble.
I was thinking about something similar. Put the divisions that were supposed to play together in the same bubble, not a home site to any of them. So the NFC South and NFC North would go to Dallas for example, and the NFC West and NFC East would go to Atlanta. They'd play a 7-game round-robin schedule, perhaps with one bye each. Then either: (A) each bubble has a Bubble Champion based on the records and tiebreakers, or (B) each division champ plays the other (a rematch, but it keeps things more interesting) for the Bubble Championship. Then two conference championships at the #1 seed's home field, with a small safe crowd of "fanatic" fans willing to risk it. Then a Super Bowl, perhaps on Thanksgiving Thursday or Sunday.

Last edited:
A shortened season will just fell like one big asterisk season just to say there was one. Even if the Saints won the Super Bowl this year, it'll feel cheap and not really earned.

This entire situation just flat-out sucks.

A shortened season will just fell like one big asterisk season just to say there was one. Even if the Saints won the Super Bowl this year, it'll feel cheap and not really earned.

This entire situation just flat-out sucks.
There’s no asterisk next to Washington’s championships during the scab year or strike shortened season.

There’s no asterisk next to Washington’s championships during the scab year or strike shortened season.

True, but I would counter-argue that Super Bowls back then aren't the same as the ones of today. The entire league is different, and the level of scrutiny of today's league events versus yester-years is completely different.

True, but I would counter-argue that Super Bowls back then aren't the same as the ones of today. The entire league is different, and the level of scrutiny of today's league events versus yester-years is completely different.
A Super Bowl is a Super Bowl. Five, ten and twenty years from now, the only thing that people will remember is who won the championship.
All other details eventually get lost in the history books.

If the number of preseason games, finances, and specific health measures are all they’re debating, that would seem to be good news.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom