Six To Nine Games. That’s All The League Needs (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’m basing this on the strike year when they only played nine games. For comparison, they played for the first two weeks, then the strike happened and canceled the next handful of games.
In my opinion, if they can get to around 6-9 games, that’ll be good for this season and they could postpone until the playoffs in January when a cure would hopefully be found at that point.

My personal opinion, play half a season, 8 games. Structure it where there are games every week, but stagger them where teams play a week, then have a week off. Let NFC and AFC play in alternating weeks. That way there are no scheduling conflicts, each team can play 6 conference games and 2 others based on the harder/easier schedule thing they like to do.

A cure or vaccine by January would be unprecedented. Especially with reports of mutation and potential compounding complications with flu season.

I know sports are important for a sense of normalcy, relief and unification, but we haven't even had a full trip around the sun with this virus. If it were me, I'd write 2020 off. Freeze contracts and pay everyone vet minimum. Some colleges are already cutting their programs for this upcoming year so not having a draft in 2021 wouldn't be farfetched. Take the time and get it right. Forcing the season is a logistical and potential PR nightmare that just doesn't seem worth it.

With the potential of this getting way worse in the colder months and the almost guaranteed increase in civil unrest around election time, sports just might not be worth it this year.

There is a cure for it.. just not fda approved.. it's a form of steroid that circulates through a nebulizer that uses zinc as well to rid replication..

But a vaccine is worth at least a trillion dollars..

So not likely to see the cure used.

My personal opinion, play half a season, 8 games. Structure it where there are games every week, but stagger them where teams play a week, then have a week off. Let NFC and AFC play in alternating weeks. That way there are no scheduling conflicts, each team can play 6 conference games and 2 others based on the harder/easier schedule thing they like to do.

Longer it goes, the more likely someone gets COVID

I’m sure the league will recklessly carry on, but they really need to cut the interconference games and the two same place games, as well. That will at least help to contain any outbreak to two divisions.

Cut out the AFC vs NFC games
Agree. Play a 10 game season with 6 division games and 4 conference games. No wildcard. No preseason.

Start with 2 conf games followed by 3 division games. Then one all team bye week followed by the same 2 and 3 breakdown.

There is a cure for it.. just not fda approved.. it's a form of steroid that circulates through a nebulizer that uses zinc as well to rid replication..

But a vaccine is worth at least a trillion dollars..

So not likely to see the cure used.

No. Steroids, both inhaled and IV, have both been used against COVID. Inhaled steroids do not help and can make the infection worse. IV steroids are being used every day, on almost every patient admitted to a hospital that can get them. Steroids are a drug of acute interest with COVID, and believe me, medical people are working their behinds off 24/7 to figure out if they are beneficial. Every day. All day.

As for zinc, it also is being used all over the nation. Vitamin C is the other dietary additive that be being tried aggressively.

There is no way on earth that vaccine companies are putting a stop to that. Put that out of your mind. I know this with 100% certainly because I have seen it myself.

So, to answer your question, the "cure" you are talking about is not a cure, and it is being used, all day, every day, in every hospital, nursing home, medical facility. It is being tried. We don't know how much it helps. Some say more, some say less.

But medicine is not pulling any punches. Period. Politicians may not be doing everything they can, but medical people are pouring their blood, sweat, and tears into this.

Cut out the AFC vs NFC games
If they ever go to an 18 game schedule I hope interconference games are cut out. Play 6 divisional games and the other contests are against the remaining 12 Conference teams. Every game will have greater implications and impact.

This will also get rid of Interconference games that make hardly any sense to take place. For every Packers vs Steelers matchup there a bunch of Rams vs Jaguars type matchups that lack any sizzle.

If they ever go to an 18 game schedule I hope interconference games are cut out. Play 6 divisional games and the other contests are against the remaining 12 Conference teams. Every game will have greater implications and impact.

This will also get rid of Interconference games that make hardly any sense to take place. For every Packers vs Steelers matchup there a bunch of Rams vs Jaguars type matchups that lack any sizzle.
I hope they never do away with interconference games. In addition to the fact that every 4 years you play every team in the NFL, New Orleans being attractive to tourists also makes it a lot of fun to be in the city and bring in a lot of money when we see these teams that only come to town once every 8 (sometimes 4) years.

This year I think football is a terrible idea, but if they insist on playing I think 6 conference games and an 8 team playoff of conference champs is the way to go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom