Sky Judge proposal withdrawn before vote (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Sadly not surprised....

Here is why the withdrew it comes down to league not wanting to spend the money on it.

Last edited:
Sadly not surprised....

Once they realized that the sky cams were made it New Orleans, Roger no longer liked the idea!

It’s become very clear now that the league has no interest in getting calls right. Which leaves open the possibility that they want to preserve the “flexibility“ of the occasional blatant error that changes game outcomes. But I’d “wager” one more gross error like that in the NFCCG may bring outside regulatory scrutiny they may not want.

Sadly not surprised....

This is the kind of stuff I mean when I say that the "Integrity of this game is trash" and "There is just something fishy going on"

They refuse to better the game. They refuse to "Get the Calls right".

I mean why do yall think that is?.

I don't think its far fetched to say that, they are potentially deep in the pockets of Las Vegas.

They want to be able to steer outcomes in their favor.

Now I don't think that they are just totally rigging games, but you would have to be blind to think that they don't try and steer it to their benefit.

It has happened all too often these last couple years.

It just doesn't make any since why they refuse to want to get the calls right.

They know what they are doing and it makes me sick!

I mean there is TONS of evidence to support my claim, yet there is none to debunk it.

Just go watch the Tim Donahue interview

Here's a couple of them. He talks mainly about the NBA, but I mean let's be real here. The NBA can't possibly be the only professional league that is a little crooked

NFL isn't gonna have any urgency to get it right till

1. The old heads are gone.
2. It negatively financially affects the league

NFL doesn't want it. They can maintain plausible deniability for the idiocy that happens on the field with the refs. All they have to see is say "they missed it." But a sky judge can't use that excuse, at least not nearly to the same extent. Noway does the NFL want that kind of accountability.

This improves things but it's still a big miss. First, the referee has to ask for the information. Second, they can only be provided with basic information. This does nothing to address the issue with PI. It ignores the most game-breaking penalty in the game. This might help some refs not look dumb as much but when they have to make subjective calls it will come out.

Last edited:
How is this different than what is already being done?
----

That referee is as crooked as they come.
It is true that leagues will make points of emphasis. I know in the early days of MLS, referees were told to be lenient on the stars because they were the reason why people were attending the games. It sort of backfired as the players quickly learned that they could get away with a lot. It actually didn't take long to reverse it.

Personally, listening to that guy, I do not think the league believed they were telling the referees to impact the games. With Iverson, he seems to have gone rogue. I would not be surprised that the game 6 guy may well have been bad in his eyes and he is guessing the "fix" is in. Most crooked people think most people are crooked too.

---

Last edited:
The sticking point is the referese's union which hates any oversight of the on the field ref's decision period. To those that say screw them need to think back and remember how bad the replacement refs were in 2012 nor 2013 when the regular refs went on strike until a new CBA with the regular refs was signed and they came back.

Well. All the more reason, once again, to keep entertaining myself this offseason with old games on YT. Good old fashioned action, offenses that didn’t need constant changes to the rules to score points, and refs who were competent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom