Skylar Green Our New Return Man (1 Viewer)

Reggie? Yes. Patten? He's a few months away from collecting social security. Why would he want to do that?
Being that he was our most sure handed WR not named Marques Colston?

And still not a great number two receiver?

well we always had patten catch the WR screen b/c he is very fast. I think Green will be like all our FA signing. He will be on the bench and wont see the field till someone gets hurt. after that green comes in sets nfl records then when moore gets healthy loses his job again.

EARN IT.

Not to be a jerk but if Green had played at South Dakota St instead of LSU with the same reputation he's had in the NFL this signing wouldn't even be a blip on the board's radar. He'd be called a "camp body" and dismissed. But since he had a decent career as a returner at LSU now people are proclaiming him as the "answer" at KR even though he's never done squat in the NFL. Ummm....I'll go record to say that Chris Barclay has far better chance to come back next year as Saints KR than Green making it through TC.......

I thought Green's biggest problem so far is that he is slow? So how does this upgrade us from Moore? Moore averaged over twice the yards per punt return then the last time Green returned punts. I'm almost positive he doesn't make the team unless we decide to dedicate a spot to kick returner and he just turns out to be amazing. Theres noway he'll beat out any of our current WR's so thats not much of an option.

I was very impressed with #24 returning kickoffs vs the Bears, and look forward to seeing him do it again. Almost every time I almost expected him to break it loose and score, and he nearly did so twice (I think)

why can't patten be that guy or reggie?

Uh, didn't we try Patten at kick returns one game this year and he slipped on the two attempts he got? He looked scared running back those two kicks and he is not the man for the job especially at his age.

Hopefully, Skyler can be what he used to be at LSU. He was really fast and shifty and I hope he returns to his old form.

Uh, didn't we try Patten at kick returns one game this year and he slipped on the two attempts he got? He looked scared running back those two kicks and he is not the man for the job especially at his age.

Hopefully, Skyler can be what he used to be at LSU. He was really fast and shifty and I hope he returns to his old form.

Not being an LSU fan I'm not sure, but I believe some LSU fans were saying on here the year he was drafted that he was highly overrated in college. Something to the effect of Henderson having better numbers as a returner.

Reggie for punts, yes, not for kickoffs.

The guy I never figured out why he didn't get a shot is Devery Henderson. He must avoid doing it or something but the ONE return I remember him having was against the Vikings in 2005 and he took it to the house (only to be called back for a penalty). I can understand the whole hands thing with regards to punts but why not kickoffs? Just odd to me.

Either way, I agree that its too early to nominate him for that role. Mike Haas anyone???

I don't know what has happend to Skyler. When he played for Higgins(a high school) he was one of the fastest guys on the field in whatever game he played in. And it isn't like Ehret, West Jeff, or whoever had slow players either the guy flew all over the field and I saw him play in person. His speed and quickness was his greatest asset then. But, it's like after getting hurt he lost about five steps

what we did, if green starts that is, is guarantee a problem for next year. first off the guy is just horrible. he wasnt even a good kickoff returner in college, and the only reason he was a good punt returner in college was because the punters dont have the leg or hangtime like they do in the nfl. same reason why bush isnt even close to the return man he was in college. Id feel better about lance moore than green. That guy is the most overrated player to come out of lsu, ever. people still try and claim the guy is something that he never will be even though he completely sucked it up and has already been cut by two teams.

Most overrated? What round did he go in? Like round 5? Maybe from homer LSU fans, but in reality no one held him that highly coming into the NFL.

Skyler was real nice in college... the 1st time I saw him return a preseason kick in a Cowpatty uniform I noticed he had gained a considerable amount of poundage... I hope being back home, and roasting in that Mississippi sauna during training camp will get his weight back down so that he can be "that" guy we need returning kicks.

:hihi:
Most overrated? What round did he go in? Like round 5? Maybe from homer LSU fans, but in reality no one held him that highly coming into the NFL.

yeah, thats what I meant. the guys that wanted to draft him in the first or second round because he was the answer to our kr/pr/wr/rb and even backup qb issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom