Sleeper CB that might be a UDFA? (1 Viewer)

bergeaux

Building my own team!
Reaction score
This is a guy that I probably wouldn't want to use a draft pick on, not because he is deaf, but because of the injury and he isn't spectacular. Together, he sounds like a good kid.

ESPN said:
NDIANAPOLIS -- Martel Van Zant positioned himself next to an escalator in the lobby of the Indiana Convention Center on Thursday and tried to talk his way into the NFL. But while the words were his own, the voice and ears belonged to Allie Lee.

A 22-year-old cornerback from Oklahoma State, Van Zant wasn't invited to participate in the league's scouting combine that began this week. One reason is that Van Zant is recovering from a dislocated ankle tendon he suffered in November.

There's a lot more in the article, take a peek. I am hoping the deaf part scares off other teams and we give him a shot and he shows how good he is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/columns/story?columnist=yasinski_pat&id=3257497

6'1" 210 lbs. 4.4 speed. He has a physical build in the ESPN pic. I wonder how far he falls in the draft. I'd be willing to spend a 7th on him because I promise nearly every team has him as their first phone call after the draft. His story is going to be an interesting one to follow.

6'1" 210 lbs. 4.4 speed. He has a physical build in the ESPN pic. I wonder how far he falls in the draft. I'd be willing to spend a 7th on him because I promise nearly every team has him as their first phone call after the draft. His story is going to be an interesting one to follow.

Hope Loomis uses his head and just texts him...

Would be a great story with the Saints at next years Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom