Sleeper Pass Rushers in this Draft (1 Viewer)

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When I say sleeper I don't mean unheard of actually sleeper is a bad term, a better would be pass rushers to be had outside of the first who will drop from injury or bad college schemes, people I think would fit GREAT in our new 3-4 scheme
Please no this guy won't drop that guy won't drop I'm just talking possibilities and I know we don't have a second but u never know what could happen.

Prospects who could drop:

Dion Jordan could drop into the second because of injury but I doubt it

Second Round:

Zingy Ansah - i know he lit up the senior bowl and I would love him in the first but many scouts still see him as a second round pick

Alex Okafor - great combo of strength and speed, perfect 3-4 rushing backer

Corey lemonier - kid is a natural pass rusher and play maker, perfect for 3-4 lb

Datone jones - a natural 5 tech, 280 pounds no fat, violent hands, cam jordan but more athletic

Third Round:

Chase Thomas - natural strong linebacker in a 3-4, good blitzes and good vs run

William gholston - would be a great 3-4 end for us if we don't like bunkley at nose and move Akiem hicks to nose

Margus hunt - I think he is overhyped but has potential

Fourth Round: I love the ends in this years 4th round, just sooo much potential!

Jackson jeffcoat - between jeffcoat and Jenkins I think they are the best 2 natural pass rushers in the draft, he had 8 sacks as a sophomore and only just tapped his potential, absolutely love this kid and he will be a terror in a 3-4 as a rolb

Brandon Jenkins - freak of a pass rusher and has the pass rush moves of a vet, will be a terror for years as a pure pass rusher, I don't care if we draft mingo or Ansah or whoever I would love to have this kid for depth, imagine dion Jordan and this kid blitzing the edges!

Tank carradine - ideally a 4-3 end but is athletic enough if he dropped 5 pounds could play lolb for us

Sean porter - showed good blitzing abilities, coverage and open field tackles, project best in a 4-3 as a will but if he added 10 pounds would be a great 3-4 lolb

Michael Buchanan - perfect size at 6"6 245 and supposed to have 4.5 speed, super long arms and violent hands, everything u look for in a 3-4 blitz backer, just needs to develop a couple more moves besides just shooting the edge, he's a poor mans mingo

5th round:

Quanterus smith - has all the speed, tools and incredible pass rush moves to be a great 3-4 rolb blitzing, only knack is inferior competition even though this kid dominated vs Alabama, great sleeper, see a lot of Robert Mathis in him!

Now my point is I know everyone wants jordon or Ansah but say they aren't there and we land a stud like Eric fisher, sheldon Richardson, Xavier Rhodes or Keenan Allen it won't be the end of the world, this draft is so deep with 3-4 rushers it isn't even funny

If we could do a draft of

Eric fisher/ lane Johnson
Jordan poyer or Desmond trufant
Brandon Jenkins
Michael Buchanan or Jackson jeffcoat
Ray ray Armstrong
I think it would be a steal!

Or trade to the end of the first and pickup a second

Lane Johnson
Alex Okafor
Poyer
Jenkins/Buchanan/jeffcoat
Terron armstead
Ray ray Armstrong

Could u imagine the second draft?

Point it i think it's smart to trade to the end of the first and get a second round pick, personally
I think lane Johnson + Okafor > just Ansah
IMO

Point it i think it's smart to trade to the end of the first and get a second round pick, personally
IMO
I agree. If the coaches do not see a must have type player at #15, I hope and believe they will trade back to pick up a 2nd round pick(possibly more). Besides Joeckel, Lane Johnson is a good choice for left tackle, right up there with Fisher. I like Okafor as well, and Brandon Jenkins will be a steal for someone.

I would like us to Trade down and pick up a 2nd rd pick,cause im on record for saying My Saints need a big corner,but I want Dion Jordan even more,with Cam and We play the NFC WEST next year with 2 guys or teams that run the spread,but I want Banks,Amerson,or Rhodes for big corners,I like Terron Armstead this guy is a solid tackle,and if we can put Martez or Brandon Jenkins on the other side of DJ we would look like the Steelers with big fast hard hitting OLB's,I think we need another Big receiver to keep Colston healthy,I like Florida St. Rodney Smith or Virginia Tech's Marcus Davis,We need a safety but I don't want no rookie CUT Harper and sign Goldson from the 49ers,he and Jenkins would ROCK at safety,but I hear alot of people wanting to trade Ivory,when I think we should shop THOMAS & SPROLES,and LAST but not least I met Hartley today and I could have told him to his face I want to replace him with TULANE KICKER!!!WHO DAT WHO DAT LIKE MY OFFSEASON FOR THE BLACK & GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO

In the Senior Bowl Lane Johnson improved his stock enough where if you trade down he might not be there. Trading down is no sure thing so we could end up with neither Johnson or Okafor.

Not to mention this team doesn't have a very prolific history with trading down and have been more than happy with staying put or trading up for a player they covet.

I think buchanan is more of a poor mans version of Dion Jordan

I like Jackson Jeffcoat as well. Not as long as some of the other guys but he can def rush the passer. Weak against the run though.

Okafor and Ansah are like mirror opposites to me. One is polished but not that great of an athlete so his ceiling isn't relaly as high, while the other is VERY raw but an athletic monster with a higher ceiling. Both late 1st rounders for one reason or another.

Both could come in and have an impact as rookies.

No one knew who Jermon Bushrod was before we handed the reins over too him as our Starting LT. he was an unknown 4th rounder from townsend. Plenty of people were like what are we going to do about a LT. Then we go on to win a SB with him.

Call me crazy but if Lane Johnson falls to us i say we pass and let a team in need of a LT but drafting late swap with us for some picks.

I haven't seen anything in the last 6 years since Payton has been here that would lead me to believe we would draft a LT with our first pick.

Then again with Aaron Kromer gone how sure can u be that u will develop guys as fast so..theres my own contrast.

Maybe we go LT first

I dunno..but i wouldn't count on it. IMHO

I would like us to Trade down and pick up a 2nd rd pick,cause im on record for saying My Saints need a big corner,but I want Dion Jordan even more,with Cam and We play the NFC WEST next year with 2 guys or teams that run the spread,but I want Banks,Amerson,or Rhodes for big corners,I like Terron Armstead this guy is a solid tackle,and if we can put Martez or Brandon Jenkins on the other side of DJ we would look like the Steelers with big fast hard hitting OLB's,I think we need another Big receiver to keep Colston healthy,I like Florida St. Rodney Smith or Virginia Tech's Marcus Davis,We need a safety but I don't want no rookie CUT Harper and sign Goldson from the 49ers,he and Jenkins would ROCK at safety,but I hear alot of people wanting to trade Ivory,when I think we should shop THOMAS & SPROLES,and LAST but not least I met Hartley today and I could have told him to his face I want to replace him with TULANE KICKER!!!WHO DAT WHO DAT LIKE MY OFFSEASON FOR THE BLACK & GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We might play 5 games against teams that run the read option next year. San Fran/Seattle/Panthers (x2)

Either one of these teams we can see again in the playoffs.

In other words.. The read option will be something we need to be prepared for nxt year.

No matter what I think we must draft TWO outside linebackers, galette has always been better w his hand in the dirt in a 4 point stance and tez is very unproved I think we def need to draft 2 rush backers for insurance like Okafor and Michael Buchanan or Brandon jenkins

No matter what I think we must draft TWO outside linebackers, galette has always been better w his hand in the dirt in a 4 point stance and tez is very unproved I think we def need to draft 2 rush backers for insurance like Okafor and Michael Buchanan or Brandon jenkins

Agreed. Pass rushers are a premium and this draft is stacked with great players.

Cant wrap my head around how many good pass rushers in this daft can't wait to see what we do draft day!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom