Sleeping: Bedroom Door Open or Closed? (1 Viewer)

Do you like the bedroom door open or closed when you're sleeping?

• Open

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • Closed

Votes: 57 70.4%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Growing up in a 5 person home it was door closed

I prefer it now but my girlfriend is door open so that mean I'm door open

But if I'm in bed alone whether I'm sick or sleeping in when she gets up or taking a nap I always close the door

When I was living by myself I still closed the door

I don't know if I sleep any better or feel any more secure with it closed but it is my preference

I recall seeing or hearing something on this very topic recently...I believe they said it was not only healthier, but also safer (in the event of a fire) for the door to be closed?
I always slept with it closed and prefer it that way, but with a split level and my young daughter across the house we now have doors open.

I voted open, but there's a reason. When the house was built, the thermostat was put into the master bedroom instead of in the hall near the return air. If the bedroom door stays closed, the bedroom is either too warm in the summer, or too cold in the winter. The reason is the air coming from the vents doesn't blow hard enough if the door is closed. The return air is on the ceiling right outside the door and is 20x36 so it's pulling a lot of air. If the door is opened and air can flow more freely out of the bedroom, the air from the vents blows harder and makes the room more comfortable.

For sleep it doesn’t matter. I’m old; once my eyes are closed I’m out.
For the other thing, closed. I don’t need my kids finding out that their mother is a certified fr....

Friend. I was going to say friend. Get your minds outta the gutter!

Growing up it was closed. Now that I'm grown with a family it's open unless there's a specific reason to have it closed. I want to be able to hear what's going on in the house at night. I also want my dog to be able to hear what's going on & he always lets me know if something isn't right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom