sleepy sleep (1 Viewer)

i wish that i was one of those people who are like "oh, time for sleepy sleep" and just do it.

unfortunately, i need a sleeping pill, an anti anxiety, antacid, and a yo! melatonin. obviously not working tonight.

how do you sleep?
Eat a lot of hippie spinach

Got some Saint Arnold Rich and Alluring Commitment imperial stout

I have 2 of them and am feeling pretty damned buzzed and am like what the hell?

Look at the bottle and these things are 13.4% ABV.

Good lord....its like i had a 6 pack of normal beer

Step 1) Place head on pillow.

Step 2) Wake up.

Usually that's the way it goes for me. Occasionally when we travel or I have a few days off and I stay up late, I might need a glass of wine and/or melatonin to enduce sleepiness. For the most part, my body knows when it's time to shut down. I just shut off my brain and get busy sleeping.

how do people sleep so easily?

i slept from 10-1. i've been trying to go back to sleep since.

this is a normal night.

i can't remember when i slept comfortably, atleast in the last years i can remember.

growing up, i slept whenever i wanted to. easily. no problem at all, no matter the situation.

i haven't had a solid night of sleep since, hmm, early 2012. i've been chasing sleep ever since.

this is a normal night.

i can't remember when i slept comfortably, atleast in the last years i can remember.

growing up, i slept whenever i wanted to. easily. no problem at all, no matter the situation.

i haven't had a solid night of sleep since, hmm, early 2012. i've been chasing sleep ever since.

Ive been fighting insomnia for years, like you i had no problem sleeping as a kid... Ive tried lots of things over the years; Ambien worked well for a while, but then a couple years ago I became , not hooked on it, but i guess you could say ‘dependent’ on it.. I’m no expert, but I’ve read that there is a difference.. anyway, it took me a while, but I’ve finally ditched the Ambien.. what works for me are several things.. .. First, i practice what they call good sleep hygiene; for me, that means A/C set at 68 degrees, a dark room with blackout curtains, and no caffeine of any kind after about 11am or Noon... Hell, if it were feasible, I’d sleep in one of those hyperbaric chambers, but that’s not an option for me at this time... Second, i try to get some exercise 3 or 4 times a week, not anything major, but moderate running for around 30 minutes, the key is to try to wear yourself out, which helps with sleep.. Third, I use a couple of over the counter things- one is an OTC medication similar to Benadryl, but stronger and without as much grogginess the next day.. it’s called Doxylimine Succinate (not sure about the spelling)- it’s the ingredient in Unisom Sleeptabs (NOT in the other Unisom products).. i get it in pill form off Amazon, and it’s super cheap .. if you’ve never taken it, one should do the trick, for me i sometimes take two... I also take ‘Power to Sleep’, which is an herbal supplement from a company called Irwin Naturals, who’s products i really like.. That stuff will put you to sleep quick, whereas the Doxy will KEEP you sleeping, or more accurately, if you get up to pee in the middle of the night, it will make it much easier to fall back asleep.. I dont always sleep great, but the combination of these two products really helps me.. Your mileage may vary, but i speak from 20 plus years of trial and error.

EBFA7788-614D-4E7D-AF19-C847EA2E8B07.png

02DA251E-F2F1-47EF-AEAF-6A062A974F07.png

Melatonin hasn't helped me get to sleep any faster but it has helped me get back to sleep if I wake up. Plus, I've had a dream every night for over a month straight now.

Melatonin hasn't helped me get to sleep any faster but it has helped me get back to sleep if I wake up. Plus, I've had a dream every night for over a month straight now.

Melatonin doesnt do a thing for me... The herbal supplement i posted above contains some melatonin, but apparently it’s the other ingredients in it that help me, since Ive tried melatonin in pure form with no effect.

this is a normal night.

Could you have apnea? I have that and have to use CPAP.

Signs of apnea including waking up with a dry mouth, sweating, and headaches, and having to use the bathroom at night.

Working out also helps me get to sleep. Also avoid caffeine several hours before you intend to sleep.

oh man. that reminds me too much of programming classes in college. sleep, movies, watching tv, etc. you never knew when the answer to coding issues would hit.

I was in a few coding/computer science classes, BASIC, COBOL and such, and i remember dreaming in computer language, lol. That was too weird, speaking in binary...:hihi:.

In a different life, I probably would have been a programmer analyst or something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom