Sling Blue/Youtube TV (1 Viewer)

On that note I took off the Sling extra sports package(SEC,Longhorn,ACC etc.) because I reallly only watch ESPN 1 & 2 , CNN, and Food TV. Saved me $10 . Now only paying $30.
They still have not removed my Sports package extra. Guess I’m getting it free now.

As an FYI, YouTube TV is doing a free preview of its HBO and Cinemax lineup for the holiday.

As an FYI, YouTube TV is doing a free preview of its HBO and Cinemax lineup for the holiday.
Yeah, the email they sent actually said we would get a free preview of HBO Max and Cinemax, but I haven't been able to access the Max app using YTTV creds. It does appear some HBO Max content is available on YTTV, but not all(I only see one episode of Titans available and only 3 of Doom Patrol). But, I'm not gonna complain about getting those HBO and Cinemax channels free for five days.

Yeah, the email they sent actually said we would get a free preview of HBO Max and Cinemax, but I haven't been able to access the Max app using YTTV creds. It does appear some HBO Max content is available on YTTV, but not all(I only see one episode of Titans available and only 3 of Doom Patrol). But, I'm not gonna complain about getting those HBO and Cinemax channels free for five days.

I don't think you can use the app. I believe you have to use the HBO Max "app" within YTTV.

So two things...

1. The HBO Max interface on YTTV is downright terrible. I would never sign up for service through them unless it was free or dirt, dirt cheap. Just terrible.
  2. With no FSNO moving forward on YTTV, need some decent options for when the season starts in December.

So two things...

1. The HBO Max interface on YTTV is downright terrible. I would never sign up for service through them unless it was free or dirt, dirt cheap. Just terrible.
  2. With no FSNO moving forward on YTTV, need some decent options for when the season starts in December.
1. Have you tried the HBO Max app with your YTTV creds? I read if you are the main account holder, you should get access to the full app. But, I totally agree. The interface through YTTV is awful.
2. I'd wait until the season starts and see what happens. Apparently, Sinclair was also dropped by Hulu Live. These disputes happen all the time.

So two things...

There is an IPTV thread on the tech board. I just checked, and FSNO works for me.

So now, YTTV wants you to pay an extra $20 a month to add on 4K resolution. Screw them. It's really time to start looking elsewhere.

So now, YTTV wants you to pay an extra $20 a month to add on 4K resolution. Screw them. It's really time to start looking elsewhere.
Yeah, I know it's popular to knock the cable companies, and they deserve a lot of it, but I've been pretty happy with Verizon. I've got FIOS with DVR, Sports package and a healthy channel lineup and internet bundled into a no contract monthly amount including the taxes and whatnot for $155. It's maybe not as cheap as internet+streaming, but not all that much more.

Yeah, I know it's popular to knock the cable companies, and they deserve a lot of it, but I've been pretty happy with Verizon. I've got FIOS with DVR, Sports package and a healthy channel lineup and internet bundled into a no contract monthly amount including the taxes and whatnot for $155. It's maybe not as cheap as internet+streaming, but not all that much more.
It's really getting to that point.

So now NBC/Universal and YouTube TV are going at it over fees with the threat of 14+ channels dropping from the service if an agreement can't be reach. YouTube can't be that tupid to let some of the most popular stations on its streaming service go.

So now NBC/Universal and YouTube TV are going at it over fees with the threat of 14+ channels dropping from the service if an agreement can't be reach. YouTube can't be that tupid to let some of the most popular stations on its streaming service go.
Honestly, I wouldn't miss any of their channels. I can watch Football Night in America over the air. YouTube has already said they'll cut their subscription price by $10 if NBC pulls out. The Verge said that NBC is demanding more money AND demanding YouTube bundle their Peacock streaming service with YouTubeTV. Peacock is a YouTube competitor and Comcast is trying to put YTTV at a competitive disadvantage.

BTW, if YouTubeTV does drop their price by $10, you can subscribe to Peacock for $5 and still their content.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom